Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [SOLVED] Admin area remains in English although the site's in an other language

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi all,

I'm having a weird bug, I really have no idea where this might be coming from... I've searched in the forum and the documentation, but couldn't find anything, and this really doesn't make sense to me.

So, I've got a fresh (downloaded yesterday) Kunena on J!1.7.2. The site's default language, both for the public and administration areas, is French. The public part of the forum works just fine, it's in French as expected, but... The admin area of Kunena remains in English (although I do have everything else in French, all except Kunena). Only Kunena's admin menu's in French.
I don't get it, shouldn't the language of the admin area be automatic as long as the default language has been correctly set in Joomla's configuration?
Code:
/administrator/language/fr-FR> ls *kunena* fr-FR.com_kunena.ini fr-FR.com_kunena.install.ini fr-FR.com_kunena.menu.ini fr-FR.com_kunena.sys.ini

This looks right to me... Or is there anything missing?
I can't show you the site as it's not on a public server for now; sorry.

Thanks.

Seb.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 30M

Joomla default template details : digitaldriver2 | author: | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-11-08

Kunena default template details : Euro-Orange | author: Mizunga | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-12-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0 | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by OldLodgeSkins. Reason: Solved.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by Matias
Looks like there's a bug in French language file. Joomla 1.7 is picky if the file contains syntax errors and ignores the file. If you enable language debug, you will find out the offending file and line. It should be easy to fix it.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3 by OldLodgeSkins
Hi,

At first this sounded like a good idea, but it doesn't output any error. Each string is surrounded with a double * which according to this page docs.joomla.org/Debugging_a_translation - and also according to the fact taht other strings that are translated in other areas are showing the same behavior - tends to indicate that Joomla considers there's a translation...

Thanks.

Edit: when turning on system debugging it does show an error in one of Kunena's language files! That must be it, thanks.
Code:
**Erreurs d'analyse dans les fichiers de langue** /var/www/htdocs/digital-driver/administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_kunena.ini : erreur(s) ligne(s) 964, 974

Line 964 had one faulty quote. And I'm looking at the other one right now.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by OldLodgeSkins.

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by OldLodgeSkins
Ok so, for those who might have the same problem (I'll check if there's a bug tracker):

in administrator/language/fr-FR/fr-FR.com_kunena.ini you have:

Line 964:
Code:
COM_KUNENA_A_SUBSCRIPTIONS_EMAIL_VISIBLE_ADDRESS=""Visibilité des destinataires du mail"

A redundant double quote.

Line 974:
Code:
COM_KUNENA_A_RECAPTCHA_PRIVATEKEY_DESC="<a target="_blank" href='https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin/create'/>Veuillez cliquez ici</a> pour obtenir une clé publique reCAPTCHA et saisissez-là dans ce champ."

The target argument uses double quotes, which obviously breaks the string. Just replace that with single quotes and you should be fine.

Time to create page: 0.419 seconds