Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Idea Avatar upload in edit profile not working

More
12 years 5 months ago #1 by russjman
I cannot seem to be able to upload a custom avatar picture. In the browser it says that the profile was updated successfully, but the image does not change. In the apache access log i see when i hit submit:

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - - [28/Oct/2011:16:47:36 -0400] "POST /index.php?option=com_kunena&view=profile&Itemid=21 HTTP/1.1" 303 3286 " www.time4health.com/index.php?option=com...le&do=edit&Itemid=21 " "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.23) Gecko/20110927 Fedora/3.6.23-1.fc14 Firefox/3.6.23"

303 redirect error

I have JoomSEF installed, but i disabled it for Kunena while trying to debug this issue. I dont know whatelse this could be other than an error in the internal workings in Kunena.

configuration report:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : time4health | author: Vuria | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 5/20/11

Kunena default template details : Time4Health Template | author: Vuria | version: 1.6.4 | creationdate: 2011-07-11

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.4 | Build: 4832 | Version name: Kerkrade | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: ARTIO JoomSEF 3.8.2

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

thank you in advance,

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

And if you remove completly artio joomsef what's happen ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by russjman

xillibit wrote: Hello,

And if you remove completly artio joomsef what's happen ?

I changed the handling of the Kunena extension for JoomSEF to use the default Joomla! router. Still the same.

I dont want to remove JoomSEF completely as we've set up a number of manually entired urls and redirects. Is there any other course of action we can take?

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
Sometimes - actually this is a common problem - avatar images cannot be uploaded because there are permissions issues with the Joomla website. You might find this link helpful: Securing Kunena . Make sure that the permissions on all your Joomla folders and files are the same as recommended in that article.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by russjman

sozzled wrote: Sometimes - actually this is a common problem - avatar images cannot be uploaded because there are permissions issues with the Joomla website. You might find this link helpful: Securing Kunena . Make sure that the permissions on all your Joomla folders and files are the same as recommended in that article.

I verified that the permissions were set correctly for all files 664 and folders 755.....still nothing

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by sozzled
As you know, K 1.6.4 is not supported. I suggest that you try with K 1.7.0. We also suggest that you try using the standard Blue Eagle template to see if this makes a difference. Thank you.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #7 by russjman

sozzled wrote: As you know, K 1.6.4 is not supported. I suggest that you try with K 1.7.0. We also suggest that you try using the standard Blue Eagle template to see if this makes a difference. Thank you.

Updated Kunena to version 1.7. Still the same issue.

Could i be missing some sort of php extension on the server. What does Kunena used to resize images?
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by russjman. Reason: adding question

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
Did you actually try removing Artio SEF completely? Obviously this isn't something you want to do on your production site, but have you tried these things on a test site? To answer your question Kunena uses whatever graphics handler that's installed with your webhosting software to perform on-the-fly image resizing.

Let's go back to your original question. "303 redirect error" ... doesn't that suggest something about how your site is routing URLs? That's why I would seriously investigate what's happening with Artio SEF. In the end it may come down to a choice between which is more important: Artio SEF or Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.469 seconds