Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Strange page in between posting a message

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by Oscarfishlover
Hi there guys, little bit of an issue with my forum. I'm not sure whether it's got something to do with the recent upgrade of Jomsocial, or maybe because I was messing around with a stylesheet yesterday. If somebody who has got Google Chrome installed can please post a test message on my forum and you will see what is happening. Basically, for about one split second in between hitting the submit button and submitting your message, you will see a page, which looks like the forum without any CSS styling. If anyone has any ideas what is causing this I would be very grateful if you could help out.

I have created an account if you want to test.

This message contains confidential information

Remember to use Google Chrome, I don't get any problems when I'm using Firefox

www.oscarfishlover.com/oscar-fish-advice...t=12&start=12#191512

The #1 Oscar Fish website on the net
Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Hide the site login details

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by Oscarfishlover
I made a screen video showing you exactly what's happening

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by rich
With Chromium is the same error, but unfortunately i have not a idea.
I've only noticed that the css-8ac47.. loads very long.
Maybe help this screen and another user can help you.

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by rich.

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I remember seeing this issue back in the early development of K 1.6 for J! 1.6. As I recall (and I may be way off-topic for saying this) the problem I remember had something to do with J! 1.6. Is J 1.6 involved in this case?

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Oscarfishlover
Sorry for the delay, I don't seem to be receiving my e-mails on reply. I'm using Joomla! 1.5 .24 and obviously kunena 1.7.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by Oscarfishlover
Okay, the problem seems to lay with a strange CSS style sheet that has appeared in the CSS folder within the catalyst template, I have included a screenshot. If I look in My other websites catalyst template directory in CSS, the same stylesheet is there. I can't understand where this stylesheet has come from. A doesn't appear in other websites using the same template, only these two. So as not to confuse you, I have also included a screenshot showing a portion of this stylesheet, you can see that it has all the information from template.CSS included, something isn't right and I'm sure this is what is causing the problem.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by Oscarfishlover.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by Oscarfishlover
Okay, back again with another screenshot, this time I'm using firebug to show you that the CSS seems to be contained in this strange stylesheet, and not the stylesheet that controls that particular template style.

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by sozzled
The "strange" stylesheet that you refer to is a feature of your website. You will not, for example, see something like this here at this site. I've seen these things before (but I can't remember exactly what generates them) - maybe some kind of CSS aggregator? Do you use a CSS or Javascript aggregator?

The strange stylesheet is generated on-the-fly by something in your Joomla (it could, for example, have been generated by the Rockettheme template you're using) and it's created on a per-session basis. What's the behaviour of your website like if you're not using a Rockettheme template or if, in some other way, you're able to prevent generating these session-based dynamically-created sytlesheets?

More
12 years 5 months ago #9 by Oscarfishlover
The website seems to be performing okay, the only issues we were having was when people were using the forum in the chrome browser, no issues have been noted when using Firefox or Internet Explorer. At one stage one of my members was complaining that he couldn't send private messages when using Google Chrome, however I wasn't having the same problem when I tried to emulate the problem when also using Google Chrome. By all accounts he is not having the same problem any more. The only problem with.is with this strange page that looks like the forum without any CSS that momentarily appears in between posting.

I have various websites that use the catalyst template, none of them have generated this strange stylesheet. When I was thinking about doing was completely uninstalling the catalyst template and then reinstalling it again. I think I've done this before but I might try it again and see what happens. I'm just trying to make any notes of changes I have made to the CSS before I do this.

Having said this now, I did experiment briefly with the versatility4 template on the website and I still had the problem when posting on the forum. These things are really sent to try us aren't they?

Joomla! 2.5.14
Kunena 3.0.2

More
12 years 5 months ago #10 by sozzled
Good luck, mate. Yeah, strange things mystifying, eh? :S

Time to create page: 0.541 seconds