Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question [Topic closed for lack of interest] BUG - going from Forum to site links

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by gregwh
I have, this day, created several Forum areas. I have them set to be able to be seen only by registered users. Public users can see only that Forums exist but not what ones. Anyway, I created a fake registered account in Joomla 1.7.2 for myself and then went into one Kunena Forum to see what it looked like. All looked just fine. Then, I went to the Joomla SITE link of the same name as the Forum (eg, Forum name is Biographies which is for users to post comments in but I also have a link on the site for the same thing for people to read. I tried to go to the link on the site of the same name and got a 404. So, I changed the Forum name and same. I decided to go to any link on the site while in the Forum and same. You cannot go to any link excepting HOME from within the forum without a 404. Can anyone tell me why, please? Details below minus Captcha keys:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : readournovels1 | author: PC Handyman Professionals | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2011-09-24

Kunena default template details : Aphotic | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-23-09

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

The topic has been locked.
More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by gregwh
PS, I forgot to mention that this is what happens when it stuffs up:

www.readournovels.com/index.php/86-genre/biographies
www.readournovels.com/index.php/componen...86-genre/biographies

The top link is the correct one and the bottom one is what happens when you want to go to the same area on the site link (which is not a Forum link) from within the Forum itself.
More
12 years 5 months ago #3 by Matias
I think that the issue is in your menu -- from some reason Kunena fails to find kunena_menu and that makes the urls to look wrong.
More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
The issue looks partly to involve the Joomla menuing system but, I see, there's also a question about setting the SEF rewrite option, too. In this regard I strongly recommend that people should properly familiarise themselves with Joomla's SEO system and read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in our Wiki.
Time to create page: 0.522 seconds