Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Language install in kunena 1.7

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by crumpets
In the translations forum there is a language file in the .ini format with swedish translation for kunena 1.7.

I can find nowhere how to install this. I've read many wiki pages but it all seems to be for 1.6, and I've tried it all with no success.

Can someone describe how to actually install the language for kunena when there is only a ini file?

Im sorry if it's a stupid question or something, but I really can't seem to figure this one out.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

There are no differences for install the language file for Kunena 1.6.x or Kunena 1.7.x, you need to know if the file is for Kunena backend, Kunena frontend or for Kunena template.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by crumpets
It's kunena frontend as far as I know.
I tried the stuff the guide said about making my own .zip, by using the conventions of the archive folder.
I made a zip called sv-SE.com_kunena-site.zip with the file sv-SE.com_kunena.ini from these forums. It did not work to install, so I remade the .xml file from another language archive and rewrote language name and file name for this new one.
This time when I install through the usual plugin manager of joomla, it says that there is no source package for sv-SE.

More
12 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit
Just copy the file into /joomla/language/sv-SE/

More
12 years 6 months ago #5 by crumpets
Already tried that. Doesn't work :( Do I need to rebuild site or something?
I only tried restarting apache.

More
12 years 5 months ago #6 by xillibit
Your default language in Joomla is set on sv-SE ?

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by crumpets
Default for back end and front end are the swedish joomla packages for 1.7. Community builder recognizes this and uses the sv-SE language.
In the joomla languages config there is a tab for front end, back end and for content.
The content tab only had english, so I created my own one specifying sv-SE, this didn't change anything though.

As communitybuilder can recognize it I suppose something in the Joomla config should be right at least.

More
12 years 5 months ago #8 by crumpets
Maybe I should specify how I installed.
I downloaded the .ini language file to my PC, then uploaded via FTP....

Oh my. Now I just got an idea. *putty....*

Yup. The file only allowed root to read.... After a bit of chmodding the webserver also can. Now everything works perfectly.

Sorry for wasting your time, really stupid mistake. Thanks anyway! :)

Time to create page: 0.509 seconds