Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Important Bug: last post links from Kunena index cause a SEO trouble!

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by fatseo
Hi. Sorry for my English. I found a bug in latest Kunena version, also you can see it in official Kunena forum.

In the forum index there are last post links in the right side of each category.

If you can see, they point to the latest post, like:

www.kunena.org/forum/172-k-16-and-k-17-i...ror-in-kuneau#109524

But if you enter the category, the link to the SAME topic (including last post link from category view!) is DIFFERENT! Here it is:

www.kunena.org/forum/172-k-16-and-k-17-i...rnal-error-in-kuneau

You see that in the forum index link there is a post subject in the URL (re-internal-error-in-kuneau) and in category view link is correct - the topic subject (internal-error-in-kuneau).

So there are 2 different URLs pointing to the same page. It's a big trouble for SEO. This bug is only in forum index view.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #2 by Matias
The link is the same, so there are no issues with SEO. Last part: #109524 should be ignored by the spider as it's only used in browser to jump into different location -- server will never see it.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #3 by fatseo

Matias wrote: The link is the same, so there are no issues with SEO. Last part: #109524 should be ignored by the spider as it's only used in browser to jump into different location -- server will never see it.

The last part is OK, the LINK is DIFFERENT, take a look please:

kunena.org/forum/172-k-16-and-k-17-installation-and-upgrade/109488-internal-error-in-kuneau

kunena.org/forum/172-k-16-and-k-17-installation-and-upgrade/109488-re-internal-error-in-kuneau#109524

I have bolded the different part. This is a serious issue.
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by fatseo.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #4 by sozzled
I have spent an hour looking at this topic, trying to understand what was so seriously wrong, and preparing my response. Yes, there is a slight anomaly - a small defect, if you would like to call it that - but the end result is the same. K 1.7 actually works. Let's look at the original question again:

fatseo wrote:

In the forum index there are last post links in the right side of each category.

Here is a picture that shows what we're discussing:

That's right. These are links to the last message posted in each category.
fatseo wrote:

But, if you enter the category, the link to the same 'lst toptopic (including last post link from category view!) is different!

Yes, from a totally literal technical perspective, the link is different. I point out the link in the following picture:

However, even though the links appear different, the Kunena router actually takes care of the resolution of the target address. People don't have to worry if the link looks a little different to humans; as far as SEO is concerned, the link is actually the same. Possibly this is a minor defect and maybe it should be fixed, but I don't think anyone needs to worry about it.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by Matias
I can see the difference now.

This issue has been fixed into Kunena 2.0 for a long time ago, but looks like we forgot to fix it from Kunena 1.6.

Time to create page: 0.521 seconds