Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Issue with Georgian Unicode letter "რ" ("R").

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #1 by gefel
hi
have installed and running Kunena. anything is fine as far, EXCEPT one thing - i'm from Georgia (the country, not US state) and need to use georgian alphabet = unicode, nothing unusual.

but if somewhere in category names or subjecs i use gerogian letter "r" (that's "რ" written natively as i need), then links are no more working.
all other letters have no issues, have tested.

surely it's impossible to use the forum with this issue. i have tried different Joomla installations (all versions 1.7). Joomla self has no problems with.

any ideas how to solve? or whatever
thanks for help
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by sozzled. Reason: minor edit/spelling in subject

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by 810
Hi,
can you insert the kunena report here.

regards 810

More
12 years 6 months ago #3 by gefel
hi 810, thanks for the answer.

i will attach the TXT file including the config file from fresh install of Joomla-1.7.1 + Kunena-1.7 (both just downloaded). server = windows + xampp(not old version)
generally have no other issues with things. yet :)

Attachment not found

so have tested in many ways - by enbling UTF-support in Kunena the problem occurs and vice versa.
just wo UTF the link are less seo friendly... ok, possible to live with this :)

yes, thats actual ONLY for georgian letter "R" = "რ" (other special signs have not tested yet)
for the refference the whole alphabet(33 letters):
ა ბ გ დ ე ვ ზ თ ი კ ლ მ ნ ო პ ჟ ...> რ <... ს ტ უ ფ ქ ღ ყ შ ჩ ც ძ წ ჭ ხ ჯ ჰ

unfortunately im not developer, can only read/modify the code in some cases, but thats over my skills(

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by 810
Please try to disable some plugins. There seems to be a plugin issue.

regards 810

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by gefel
hi 810

I just now gone crazy: :)
* Win 2k3 (clean, healty)
* XAMPP 1.7.4
* Joomla 1.7.2 (latest) - fresh test-install, nothing changed)
* Kunena 1.7.0_b5135 (latest) - same, added only 'this' f... f... funny "რ"(R) as subject.

AND(!) disabled + uninstalled ANYTHING in joomla, regardless Admin/Site/System/Non-System/components/plugins, JUST COMPLETELY ANYTHING, well except few - just to show up Kunena.
Did it absolutely hardcore, and was funny :)

result: Kunena behaves in the same way - UTF disabled = OK, UTF enabled = no way.

all this - just to be sure.
there IS something wrong, but im not big developer and have no idea what exactly :(

on Main-Site i have simply turned off UTF support in Kunena and anything goes fine so far... and i will leave as is - have now much more problems to solve and do not need to fight windmills :) (i mean myself)

anyway, thanks for attention)
I'll check sometimes if this is solved in future versions of Kunena, then report here.

regards

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #6 by 810
ok, i found a solution for the moment:

open components\com_kunena\router.php line:101

and add all gerogion letters after:
Code:
return JString::trim ( preg_replace ( array ('/\s+/', '/

like:
Code:
return JString::trim ( preg_replace ( array ('/\s+/', '/[\$\&\რ\+\,\/\:\;\=\?\@\'\"\<\>\#\%\{\}\|\\\^\~\[\]\`\.]/' ), array ('-', '' ), $str ) );

regards 810
Last edit: 12 years 5 months ago by 810.

More
12 years 5 months ago #7 by gefel
ok, have tried and it works.
but the effect is (almost) the same as with uft turned off - the letters are replaced with "-".

thats really good to know if site would be multilingual (yes, planned).
now i build strictly georgian site and at this moment this hack has not big effect for me (georgian language).

in any case thanks for good hint, 810 :)

im a little curios what a special char-code (or whatever) is used for this georgian "R" (and only for this), that it's not shown in right way? ok, just a rhetorical question... :D

regards

Time to create page: 0.513 seconds