Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Public users (guests) cannot view forums

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #11 by PIC
Upon paycheck I was planning on donating money to kunena(and continuing to do so often).

This is a great component. But where is the support! Those of us with bugs need help!!??
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by PIC.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #12 by DuckJunkie
Well... this first question that comes to mind is: Do you have any other components installed that affect user privacy settings that would affect what posts are rendered to public vs registered users?
Additionally, how are each of your individual categories configured? You can have certain categories set to private.
We have a variety of categories... some that are public, some set to registered and a few set to special for author level users to keep certain categories closed to the general public...

Also, are you clearing your cache between changing settings?

P.S. As a general rule, you should always include your Report Configuration Settings. You can copy and paste this from your admin backend for Kunena.
Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by DuckJunkie.

More
12 years 6 months ago #13 by PIC
No other components other than Jomsocial.

All of the categories are set to public.

Yes, I clear my cache after every change I make.

I don't know what is wrong, but for some reason only registered users can view the forum..

The weird thing is that if they click a post in the jomsocial recent activities, they can view that post.

Also, the module has not changed what forums it displays in 3 days(it's showing the same exact replies even thought there has been replies since then).

uhg what am I doing wrong!?!?!?!?

More
12 years 6 months ago - 12 years 6 months ago #14 by PIC

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Enabled |htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 5000 seconds | Max execution memory: 500M | Max file upload: 200M

Joomla default template details : yoo_quantum | author: YOOtheme | version: 1.0.7 | creationdate: August 2011

Kunena default template details : ArgentRC Dark | author: Gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.0

Last edit: 12 years 6 months ago by PIC.

More
12 years 6 months ago #15 by carsten888
I just migrated my forum from j1.5 to 1.7 (copy-paste database) and just found out that there need to be set access rights for each forum-category now. When just copy-paste, those rights are all disabled, so I got the message:

There are no categories in the section!

After opening each category and set access to 'level' and 'public' they show again.

More
12 years 6 months ago #16 by carsten888
I had loads of categories so I used this script to set all categories to 'public'
Code:
$database = JFactory::getDBO(); $database->setQuery("SELECT id " ." FROM #__kunena_categories " ); $rows = $database->loadObjectList(); foreach($rows as $row){ $temp_id = $row->id; $database->setQuery( "UPDATE #__kunena_categories SET accesstype='joomla.level', access='1' WHERE id='$temp_id' "); $database->query(); }

More
12 years 6 months ago #17 by PIC
Mine according to the backend is already public.

More
12 years 6 months ago #18 by PIC
Okay, so if it is set to "access type - user groups" and public it wont work.

it has to be set to "access level" public.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction carsten888!

Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.680 seconds