Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Cleaning Up Kunena 1.7 Installation - Getting Rid of "Leftovers"

More
12 years 6 months ago #1 by Griz44
I have the latest version of Kunena installed and it's actually running pretty well. But I have a few (relatively minor) problems with my site so that I'm doing everything I can to clean up my site in any way possible. One item is related to Kunena...

I uninstalled the older version of Kunena and then installed Kunena 1.7. All appeared to go well, except now, when I look at the Extension Manager, I see some Unpublished extensions that I'm pretty sure are not related to 1.7. Published extensions have 1.7 listed under the Version column. There are several other components/plugins/modules which have either no version number listed or an older version number. Also, they cannot be uninstalled using the Extension Manager.

I'd like to know if there is a way to clean up my Kunena installation. I'd even consider a reinstall...would I lose all my categories? (I'm not that concerned really...I don't have that much data yet, but it would be nice to retain the categories if possible.) Is there a way I could get rid of "junk" using phyMyAdmin possibly? Is there some other method to consider?

Anyway, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Thanks.

Griz (Steve)

www.grizzledgamer.com

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Joomla default template details : gk_memovie | author: GavickPro | version: 1.3 | creationdate: 12 April 2011

Kunena default template details : Joomlana_Dark | author: عبدالله بازهير baazza | version: 1.6.1 | creationdate: 2010-11-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit

Griz44 wrote: I have the latest version of Kunena installed and it's actually running pretty well. But I have a few (relatively minor) problems with my site so that I'm doing everything I can to clean up my site in any way possible. One item is related to Kunena...

I uninstalled the older version of Kunena and then installed Kunena 1.7. All appeared to go well, except now, when I look at the Extension Manager, I see some Unpublished extensions that I'm pretty sure are not related to 1.7. Published extensions have 1.7 listed under the Version column. There are several other components/plugins/modules which have either no version number listed or an older version number. Also, they cannot be uninstalled using the Extension Manager.

Hello,

Can-you make a screenshot like that i can see the issue ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds