Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Bug [Problem assumed resolved - no response from user] Error when going to Forums...

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by tgaotu
I have searched this error code out only to come up with different variations and no real answers to my problem. If someone has a link to a fix that would be greatly appreciated.

Joomla version 1.5.20

Kunena 1.7

Darky Green 1.6 Template by gonzaunit

Error Code - Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum/index (ItemID=497).

Main menu I have "forum" linked to - Kunena Enry Page
Defualt menu item - Index
Allowed Categories - ALL

I am using Rockettheme - Nebulae

I know its something about a redirect or something just need to be pointed in right direction.

Thanx for all your help!
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by tgaotu.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

Start by upgrading Joomla! to 1.5.23, are-you using a third party sef component ?

Check that all your menu items are an unique alias.

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Matias
So you have menu item "Entry page" that's pointing to index in Kunena Menu? It should work.

When do you get this error message?

More
12 years 5 months ago #4 by tgaotu
Ok I have upgraded to Joomla 1.5.24 I think is the latest. I do have everything as unique alias. And am usually getting this message when I first go into Kunena Forums.

Im also getting a MooTools : Domready event was never fired

That error is going on now with Internet Explorer but thats a whole nother issue.

Any idea on the original problem?

More
12 years 5 months ago #5 by sozzled
I am guessing that your Kunena menu is incorrectly setup. We would know more if you posted your configuration report (as requested in the posting guidelines that appear at that top of this page).

It would seem to me that there are two problems here. One of them is dealt with by msg #1 of If you are having problems with Kunea, please read this first (that's the DOMready event was never fired problem) and the other problem is dealt with by Warning: Using direct link to Kunena component. Redirected to menu item in /forum/index (ItemID=43) . A simpler solution would be to read the FAQs (see the menu tab at the top of this page) which explains how to setup your Kunena menu properly.

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled

Time to create page: 0.555 seconds