Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question SQL Query

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by ChrisL
SQL Query was created by ChrisL
Hi

I am trying to achieve a list of topics that have most recently had posts made in them using a PHP add on to an article in Joomla. To look something like the forum list on this homepage:

Aberdeen Snooker website

So far I can get a list of the latest posts but not per topic as I want. I have got to the following:

New Website

Using the following code:
Code:
<?php $user_name = "xxx"; $password = "xxx"; $database = "xxx"; $server = localhost; $db_handle = mysql_connect($server, $user_name, $password); $db_found = mysql_select_db($database, $db_handle); if ($db_found) { $SQL = "SELECT abs_kunena_messages.catid, abs_kunena_messages.thread, abs_kunena_messages.subject, abs_kunena_messages.id, abs_kunena_messages.hits, abs_kunena_messages.time, abs_kunena_categories.name FROM abs_kunena_messages,abs_kunena_categories where abs_kunena_messages.catid = abs_kunena_categories.id order by abs_kunena_messages.time DESC limit 10"; $result = mysql_query($SQL); echo '<table><tr><td><b>Forum</b></td><td><b>Topic</b></td><td><b>Replies</b></td><td><b>Views</b></td><td><b>Last Post</b></td></tr>'; while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($result)) { echo '<tr><td><a href="index.php/forum/' . $row['catid'] . '">';echo $row['name'];echo'</a></td>'; echo'<td><a href="index.php/forum/' . $row['catid'] . '/' . $row['thread'] . '#' . $row['id'] . '">';echo $row['subject'];echo'</a></td>'; echo'<td>'; $thread_temp = $row[thread]; $sql3 = "SELECT id FROM abs_kunena_messages WHERE thread = $thread_temp"; $result3 = mysql_query($sql3); $num_rows = mysql_num_rows($result3); $num_rows = $num_rows - 1; echo $num_rows; mysql_free_result($result3); echo'</td>'; echo'<td>'; $thread_temp = $row[thread]; $sql2 = "SELECT hits FROM abs_kunena_messages WHERE thread = $thread_temp AND parent = 0"; $result2 = mysql_query($sql2); $row2 = mysql_fetch_assoc($result2); echo $row2[hits]; mysql_free_result($result2); echo'</td>'; echo'<td>';echo date("d-m-Y, H:m", $row['time'] );echo'</td></tr>'; } echo '</table>'; mysql_close($db_handle); } else { print "Database NOT Found "; mysql_close($db_handle); } ?>

Because of the way Kunena keeps topics and posts in the same table I am not sure how to produce the right query to give the list per topic as in the original site and not per post.

ANy help much appreciated...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.367 seconds