Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Access control problem

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #1 by FroboZ
Hello,

I have just upgraded to kunena 1.7 from 1.5 and I am having some issues with access control, I was using an extension to achieve this in 1.5 where it worked fine, now it dosen't seem to.. I'm hoping I have just misunderstood the Joomla users group system.

So this is my current set up:

I have a usergroup like so
Code:
Public - A - B - Registered

And I have my categories and forums configured like so
Code:
Cat Forum Access Public public Forum public Registered registered Only A A only Forum A only B B only Forum B only

Now a user that I have assigned to Registered and A still is getting access to B, even if I uncheck Registered and only have A checked in (and even if I uncheck public).

Should I be doing something different or is there a real problem here?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Christopher

Here is my configuration settings

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : masqueradekalmar5a | author: Christopher Karlsson | version: 5a | creationdate: 2011-09-05

Kunena default template details : Reddy | author: gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-04

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by FroboZ.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Jiminimonka
I am having a similar problem today, trying to make certain parts of my forum accessible to a new user group. So I am watching this space to see a solution.

Please read the FAQ.
Only one question per topic.
Search before you ask a question.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by Jiminimonka
I have been reading all the forum posts on this subject, some going back 2 years, and there is not a single straight answer anywhere. ArtofUser is not updated for Joomla 1.7 so that is out of the question.

I have made a new User Group in Joomla called Members.

I have 3 forum sections. Registered Users can post and read the first forum. Once they get promoted to Member rank, they should be able to read the other forums.

In the Kunena category manager, I have set the first forum access to Registered (and the secondary user one to Registered as well). The other two categories are set to Member.

That should be that, since Kunena user groups are just cosmetic mostly (except the Admin and Moderator roles).

However, users that are in these groups can still see all the boards, or they can see none of the boards, or unexpected results.

So, its either I am doing something wrong, or there is something wrong in Kunena or Joomla.

Here is my config setting:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 60 seconds | Max execution memory: 32M | Max file upload: 20M

Joomla default template details : rt_camber | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.1 | creationdate: August 5, 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.0 | creationdate: 2011-08-29

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.0 | Build: 5135 | Version name: Tale | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: UddeIm 2.5

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.0

Modules: Kunena Search 1.7.0

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Replied by Matias on topic Re: Access control problem
Your settings should work -- just remember that currently admins can see it all.

Also note that Joomla stores group information into session, so you cannot use one user to test those -- or at least you need to log out between tests.

More
12 years 7 months ago #5 by Jiminimonka
I have 3 PC's and 3 accounts to test it on. Also phoned up someone and got them to test it. Also I tried logging out, didn't seem to work either.

Just posted an announcement though, for feedback from other users, just in case. I will let you know the outcome.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 7 months ago #6 by Matias
@Jiminimonka: Instructions written 2 years ago are no good on Joomla 1.7. :)

I need to reproduce this issue locally in order to see if there's something wrong in permission handling. The code itself is very simple and seems to be OK..

More
12 years 7 months ago #7 by Jiminimonka

Matias wrote: @Jiminimonka: Instructions written 2 years ago are no good on Joomla 1.7. :)

:silly:

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 7 months ago #8 by Jiminimonka
OK, so I did some testing with other users. They can all see the forums OK once the rank is set to Member, but if I demote them back to registered, they cant see the forums. When I then re-promote them back to Member rank, they are still seeing the same thing as Registered users only. I fixed one user by making him a Moderator in the forums, taking Moderator away and it remains fixed.

Each time I changed his permissions he logged out and reload the page and logged back in again.

The other user was Member rank, I demoted him to Registered, and then back to Member and he still has Registered priveleges.

Please read the FAQ.

More
12 years 7 months ago #9 by Matias
Oh, I totally forgot that in Kunena 1.6 you need to sync users every time you change users access and he has been logged in. This is because it caches users for session length.. We have changed that behavior in K2.0, which has now session based caching like Joomla 1.7.

User will get the right permissions in a few hours.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jiminimonka

More
12 years 7 months ago #10 by Jiminimonka
OK, so its just a timing thing? Good to hear. Thanks Matias.

Please read the FAQ.

Time to create page: 0.497 seconds