Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Separate/Show Some Forum Topics and Not Others.

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by gamin55
This bulleting/forum targets residential communities / high-rises in a small metropolitan area. We want to have “3 Shared Forum Topics” (Nightlife, For Sale and Connect). Then we want “1 Forum Topic” that will pertain to each building or community (General Discussion).

Each building will have its own landing page. The “Shared Forum Topics” are to be seeing by all the landing pages. The “1 Forum Topic” we want only to be visible in the landing page created for each community or building.

Let say we have “3 Shared Forum Topics” (shared meaning to be shared among all buildings) and “1 Forum Topic” for each building/community. We are creating this forum to service 30 buildings/communities. Kunena will now have a total of 33 forums (“1 Forum Topic” for each building plus the “3 Shared Forum Topics”.) If you are a resident of building Pine Ridge Condominium, you will only care to see the “3 Shared Forum Topics” and the “1 Forum Topic” for your building. As resident of Pine Ridge condominium, you would not care to see the other 29 forums that belong to the other 29 communities high-rises.

We must "peal" forums apart so not all 33 forums are displayed all in one page. Since this forum is for residential building/communities, Pine Ridge community residents will not care to see the forum for Walker Valley Condominium and vice-versa. However, Pine Ridge and Walker Valley residents do want to see the “3 Shared Forum Topics.”

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by sozzled
This is quite achievable. The Wiki article Customised menus shows you how.

An example of this technique is used here on this website with the Playground menu that you see at the top of the page.

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by gamin55
Thank you Sozzled. I looked at the Wiki article below. I also read article:

www.kunena.org/forum/170-k-16-templates-...la?limit=10&start=30

and look at www.getransportation.com .

Questions:

1. In www.getransportation.com are they using one instance of Kunena or did they install multiple copies into the one site?

2. The Wiki article "Customized Menus" touches on Menus. I am seeking to create pages that will display specified categories. Perhaps this is accomplished using the menus but I am new to Joomla and Kunena and perhaps is going over my head.

3. In your playground example, I think that will work for me if I were to follow exactly the method used. I see that when I click on "Main Playground," I get "Topics in Category: playground."Category. If I click on Fairground, I get "Topics in Category: Fairground." In my case "Playground." = "Pine Ridge Community" and "Fairground" = "WalkerValley Condominium."

Again, the issue is that I am not too savvy with Joomla or Kunena and although I have some programming background I lack the time as it would take me a long time to put this together. In my case, it would be best if I hired someone to do this job for me. Would you or someone you know be interested in such?

Thank you for all your efforts thus far. I now know this can be done. Thx.

More
12 years 7 months ago - 12 years 7 months ago #4 by sozzled
1. Yes, one instance of Kunena.

2. Your specific issues are uncommonly complicated, Customised menus is the way that you need to go about solving your problem in the way that you have defined it. If you define your problem differently there are different solutions.

3. Joomlancers
Last edit: 12 years 7 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.564 seconds