Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Insert Image shows only first image

More
11 years 8 months ago #1 by gwmbox
Hi guys

On our forums we have a thread (post) where the poster has included 10 photos using the image link button on the post tool-bar. However only the first image is being displayed. I have confirmed the links to the images are correct by copy and paste into a new window that then displays the image.

My question is to ask if this is a known 1.7 issue or if there is a setting I need to change in the config to make it work.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #2 by sozzled

gwmbox wrote: On our forums we have a thread (post) where the poster has included 10 photos using the image link button on the post tool-bar.

Yes. I understand. Did the person who uploaded and attach the 10 images actually insert them? Please read How to insert images?

I cannot advise you further without looking at the issue for myself. Please read the Guide to posting questions when asking for support that is printed on the Index page of this site.
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 8 months ago #3 by gwmbox
No, as per my OP they have LINKED their images, not attached them.

Thanks

More
11 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled

sozzled wrote: Please read the Guide to posting questions when asking for support that is printed on the Index page of this site.

In other words, I'm sorry but I do not understand your question and I would like to know where this is happening. What do you mean the images are "linked"? Linked to what?

More
11 years 8 months ago - 11 years 8 months ago #5 by gwmbox
Hi sozzled, I will try and explain this in a better way.

OK a new post is created and as part of that post the poster wants to add an image, they have three choices;

1. Use the Image Link button on the toolbar (above when you are making a post). This enables the poster to 'Link To' an image rather than upload or attach an image, The image could be linked from anywhere, such as Google images or flika etc, just like this (an image linked from another web site)

2. Add an image as an attachment, by using the add file button below the post box. This will then enable the poster to post their post with an image attached but not displayed inline. An image as an attachment like below (kunena-attached-image.png)

3. Add an image as an attachment AND insert it into the post. This is where the poster adds a file like an image and then once they have selected that file they can then select the insert image, just like I have now done here.

Now my issue is that when a post contains more than one Linked Image (see 1. above) only the first one is being displayed, is this a limitation of Kunena, or a config setting I have not found or something else?

I hope that makes it easier to understand.

Thanks
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 8 months ago by gwmbox.

More
11 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
What does the BBcode look like? Does it look anything like this?
Code:
[url=http://<domain-name>/<folder></image-file-name>][img]http://<domain-name>/<folder></image-file-name>[/img][/url]

When I want to link an image in the forum, I use the same thing you used in your first picture. But, because we're using K 2.0.1 here, on this site, I cannot show you the results.

My recommendation to you is to try the same experiment here, on this site (use the Playground ) and see if you can reproduce the problem. If you cannot reproduce the problem here, then I suggest you upgrade to K 2.0.1 because it will probably solve your problem in this are.

Time to create page: 0.464 seconds