Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Cannot create Kunena menu

More
11 years 10 months ago #1 by arosscpa
I am new both to J! and Kunena. If this question should be posted in an existing category, please accept my apologies, and tell where I should move it to.

I have installed Kunena, set up my users and categories. When I am in the Kunena component and hit preview, I get a basically blank page that tells me I am not logged in (I'm logged into J! as superuser.) and tells me to log in, but the module to login does not appear. I erase all the menu items that I tried to point Kunena. When I click on "Create menu" in the Kunena component, it just brings me back to the same Kunena component page. I am pasting my Kunena Configuration date below.
Can someone please help me or point me to a hitherto undiscovered documentation? The Wiki page on installation and configuration is not really helpful. Thanks!

Allen Ross

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 660 seconds | Max execution memory: 256M | Max file upload: 360M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ca_faith_j25 | author: CloudAccess.net | version: 1.0.3 | creationdate: may 09, 2011

Kunena default template details : baazza_blue_black | author: bz_kunena-templates | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2011-04-08

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.8

Third-party SEF components: AceSEF: The file doesn't exist acesef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.7.2 | Kunena Discuss 1.7.2

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.2 | Kunena Stats 1.7.2 | Kunena Login 1.7.2 | Kunena Search 1.7.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Cannot create Kunena menu
G'day, arosscpa, and welcome to Kunena.

Your configuration report shows that you have [what seems to be] an properly established Kunena menu. The only thing that I can tell that's missing is that you don't have a link on your home page - not one that I can see, anyway - that takes your users to your forum. Perhaps people cannot see the link to the forum unless they're logged in? Perhaps you have not published a menu item, I don't know.

I'm not sure whether your problem rests entirely with a "missing" Kunena menu. Although I can get to your forum page, I cannot see any more because the forum is set so that "only community members can participate in this forum. You must register or log in to contribute." That's all right, of course, but it makes further analysis from our end a little more difficult. Two ways out of this: (1) to open your forum up, long enough for us to view it; or (2) provide us with a test account so that we can log in and investigate further.

Two other matters that I can say with some degree of confidence:
  • We do not provide support in cases where people use third-party Kunena templates. If you have a problem then you should first try using the Kunena Blue Eagle template to see if this resolves it. If your problem is resolved using the Blue Eagle template then you need to contact the author of the template that you've installed and report the problem to them.
  • We've received a number of reports from people who have their sites hosted at cloudaccess.net and, I'm sorry to say, we're not impressed by the fact that their templates do not always seem to cooperate well with Kunena. This may or may not be the case in your situation but I think you should be aware of it. Regrettably, problems that people have because of what they're chosen to use in their site templates is out of our hands (see My Joomla site template makes a mess of Kunena )
As Unlikely as I think it is that the subject "cannot create a Kunena menu" is the cause of your problem, I assume that you have read the FAQs page, in particular, How do I restore my Kunena menu?

One last piece of information for you. Check with the developer of AceSEF for any known problems they're aware of with the version of their product that you're using.

arosscpa wrote:

The Wiki page on installation and configuration is not really helpful.

We appreciate all constructive feedback to improve our documentation. In what way is the installation guide unhelpful?
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: arosscpa

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.538 seconds