Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question use Kunena - so only members can view forum

More
11 years 9 months ago #1 by DonnaNJ
We are using the latest version of Kunena 1.7.2

with Joomla 1.5

We set up Akeeba subscription levels.

We set up the categories - and theoretically only those users in the kunenagroup should be able to see ... but right now anyone who is registered can see it.

I don't have the kunenagroup a sub group of registered -it's it own group.

Am I missing something ? Please help us get this set up - we've been working on it for days and it seems like we are almost there - but missing some key piece.

thanks

DonnaNJ :dry: :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #2 by DonnaNJ
More info on configuration

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 250M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ol_fiary | author: olwebdesign.com | version: 1.5 | creationdate: 2010

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.5.13

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #3 by sozzled
I'm not entirely sure that I completely understand the distinction you've made between "at the moment registered users can see my forum" and your question "only members can view the forum". I mean, what's the difference between a "registered user" and a "member"? Maybe this distinction is made in Akeeba Subscriptions?

Although Akeeba Subscriptions is out of my league, the general approach to setting up forum categories for certain types of users is described in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . I admit that the information in that article is not well written and some of the details relate to previous versions of Kunena; it's a documentation job that has been on my "to do" list for over 2 years.

That's about the best advice I can offer (as well as what I wrote to you in my PM).
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #4 by DonnaNJ

sozzled wrote: I'm not entirely sure that I completely understand the distinction you've made between "at the moment registered users can see my forum" and your question "only members can view the forum". I mean, what's the difference between a "registered user" and a "member"? Maybe this distinction is made in Akeeba Subscriptions?

Only members can see the forum ... however there are various other "registered users" who have accounts for various other reasons and other parts of the site.

So I created another group called Kunenagroup ... and yes when people pay through Akeeba they get assigned to that group.

But right now it seems to be working more like a "if logged in" you can see the page - regardless of what level (or whether you paid to be member or not).

sozzled wrote: Although Akeeba Subscriptions is out of my league, the general approach to setting up forum categories for certain types of users is described in Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . I admit that the information in that article is not well written and some of the details relate to previous versions of Kunena; it's a documentation job that has been on my "to do" list for over 2 years.

Ok - let me read that more closely and see if I come up with anything new

thanks

DonnaNJ
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reformat message to align user reponse to earlier quoted reply

More
11 years 9 months ago #5 by Matias
Have you assigned category to user group? Then check that BOTH of primary and secondary lists are pointing to users who can access the category (for example members + administrators, see the field descriptions).

But I recommend that you should create a new access level into your site, where you assign those user groups you want to have access to the forum category. Then assign that access level to it.

Time to create page: 0.371 seconds