Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Joomla Menus - depreciated Kunena 1.5 style menu item

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by WCMCC
Hi folks, don't even know where to start with one (and I'm not an expert)

Running Joomla 1.5.23
Kunena 1.7.1

1. Images became hidden on posts (including text in same post)
2. "paperclip" showing attachment also not shown.
3. Error message at the bottom of forum page
:undefined variable: userlist2 in components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/stats/frontstats.php Line 51:

No changes made by me to cause this.

A search directed me to "Trim long URL's" select - No.
All images returned fine.(undefined variable error remains)

But now I have a message on the top of the forum:
"Please check your Joomla menus: you were in /forum(Item ID 123)which has depreciated Kunena 1.5 style menu item. Redirected to comkunenaforumalias (Item ID 456)

Select "Yes" to trim long URLS the error stops but images are lost again.
Error 3 remains,

No changes made to site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Forgive my bluntness but, I'm sorry, I don't even know where to begin in responding to this shotgun blast of questions either. It's a lot easier to keep to one issue per topic. Let's start with:

(1) K 1.7.1 is not supported. Please upgrade to K 1.7.2 first.

(2) Please read the posting guide, printed at the top of this page, and obtain the information that you did not include when you created this topic.

(3) Which of the four - ? I'm not sure of the number - questions that you asked would you like help with first?
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #3 by WCMCC
Sorry.
As error 1, 2 & 3 all happend at the same time, I wasn't sure which one may show the most likely cause.
the rest is the result of a proposed action to fix, but this caused additional errors.
Will upgrade to 1.7.2 in the meantime :blush:

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled
Thanks. After upgrading to K 1.7.2, please reply to this topic, identify which of the questions you've asked that you want help with first, and don't forget to read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? as highlighted in the posting guide above.

Other issues, unrelated to the main question, deserve individual attention. Search elsewhere on the forum for what may have been written about those problems and, if you can't find something that helps, create a separate topic for each question. ;)
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by WCMCC
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 600 seconds | Max execution memory: -1 | Max file upload: 8M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : gk_icki_sports | author: Robert Gavick - GavickPro | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: 31/05/2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

Thanks, Sozzled.
I've upgraded to 1.7.2 and reverted "trim long URL's" to - YES
Images previously hidden are now visible again and any additional errors I have managed to resolve ... eventually

only original error left is:

Notice: Undefined variable: userlist2 in components/com_kunena/template/default/plugin/stats/frontstats.php on line 51

everything works fine apart from the visual error notice.
Search ... empty, should you delete and I'll create new topic / question ?

More
11 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thanks. We begin to see some light.

The first and most obvious issue here (which may fix a number of side-issues that you're concerned about) is your use of legacy mode. Please read the Wiki article Legacy mode . Our advice about using Joomla "legacy mode" is, in one word, don't!.

Your Joomla menu has a number of conflicts. Best idea is to read How do I restore my Kunena menu?

You have a hacked or non-supported Kunena template. Recommend that you delete it and replace with the default Blue Eagle template (easily done by reinstalling Kunena - see K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide . This should also fix the missing images issue that you had and it probably also addresses the "undefined variable" issue, too.

One other comment: I have no idea what Max execution memory: -1 means. I've never seen anything like that before. :S

There's also a fair chance that the Joomla template you're using, designed way back in 2009, will cause problems. You should also upgrade to J! 1.5.26 as soon as possible, too.

Time to create page: 0.540 seconds