Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Module does not hide - see details

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #1 by navysailor
Hi

Joomla Version 2.5.4
Template: siteground-j16-32 - Standard
Kunena Version: 1.7.2
affected Modules: Login Form, Phoca Gallery Image
Modulposition: position-4 (in that case left side)

Proble description:

Kunena is linked over the mainmenu (name: "Forum"). I choosed the indexpage of Kunena.
I picked the point "only choosen pages" and deactivated directly within the moduloptions the menuitem "Forum". But the modules are not hidden.
I tried also to link over an "external link" but as well, the modules wont hide.

If I do that with other menuitems it works - so therefore I think its an issue of kunena, isn't it?
Hopefully you may help me with that issue - I dont know what to do :(

Could you please give me support?

Regards from Germany / Hamburg

Uli

I cant provide you a link because of htaccess restriction (advice from my clubbosses). I could give the logindetails in privat to somebody how is willing to help me - anyway, I hope the given Infos are enough.
Attachments:
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by navysailor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled

navysailor wrote: If I do that with other menuitems it works - so therefore I think its an issue of kunena, isn't it?

Actually, no, this is not a Kunena issue. It's a combination of template design and how you setup your menu items and, therefore, it's really a whole website design/Joomla issue.

It assists everyone better if people could please read Guide to posting questions when asking for support on the Index page of this site, before they post questions in the Support category. A copy of that posting guide appears at the top of this page. If you do not wish to share information on the forum then that's your choice but you should also expect that other people will probably be unable or less willing to offer you assistance under those conditions, too.

Don't use "external links" when creating menu items unless as an absolute last resort and you know what trouble you're getting into. There are no Kunena menu items of the type "external link". If you want to develop your own custom menu then read Customised menus.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #3 by navysailor
I read the guide ... thx for telling me.

And I wrote as well, that I tried also the orign way to setup the Menuitem.
I attached a screenshot to show what I mean. Its not up to me to use the htaccess ;)

The question is still there - why can I use every other Typ of Menuitem unless the Kunenatyps?
There must be a reason - I don't do anything different as with the other menuitems ...

Regards Uli

EDIT: I read the guide again and can't see my fault ... I gave as much information I could but obviously it's not enough.
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by navysailor.

More
11 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

navysailor wrote: I read the guide again and can't see my fault ... I gave as much information I could but obviously it's not enough.

Look again and see:

Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?

More
11 years 11 months ago #5 by Matias
Kunena not only has one menu item but many. It's redirecting between menu items depending on the page. So you need to change module positions to include / exclude all the menu items under Kunena.

Time to create page: 0.405 seconds