Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Disable "new topic"

More
11 years 11 months ago #1 by jimmyjay
Disable "new topic" was created by jimmyjay
I have searched everywhere trying to find a way to disable the "+ NEW TOPIC" button. One forum reply says to lock the topic, however this also locks future replies.

Have located the CSS for the "reply" and "new topic" buttons and can remove them, however it also takes the "REPLY" button too.

Is there a way to remove the new topic button (dont want users to go off track from the page topic), however at the same time allow the reply button to remain?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Disable "new topic"
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to do and I'm not sure why this was posted in the K 1.7 Support category because, as you can see here, we need the New Topic button otherwise you can't create new topics, can you?

What, exactly, is wrong? Do you want to completely stop your users (including yourself) from creating new topics altogether, is that what you want to do? :unsure: Or does this fall into one of the many questions that we receive about "allowing only certain people to create new topics but allowing everyone else to post?" Because, if that's what you want to do, I suggest that you read [Merged topic] User Groups, User Group Privileges, ACLs

In future, before you post questions in the K 1.7 Support category, make sure that you read the Guide to posting questions when asking for support on the main Index page of this forum. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.396 seconds