Kunena 5.2.4 and Blue eagle 1.6.4 released (04 Apr 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.4 [K 5.2.4] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.4

REQUIREMENTS
Blue Eagle 1.6.x requires Kunena 5.2.x to work with, this template isn't designed to works with Bootstrap 3 and Bootstrap 4.

× Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Forum Redirect Issues

More
9 years 1 month ago #1 by sharesau
Hi all,

Very new to web design/ web building so my issues may seem rather obvious to people who know their stuff.

I have a Kunena forum on my website which I had built for me and I am having trouble accessing some threads on the site. When you click to go into some of the threads you get taken away to another page on my website. I just want to be able to open the thread instead.

I'll show you what I mean. Go to my site: www.sharesau.com then go to "forum" on the left hand nagigation menu. Then in the forum menu select "The discussion" and then after that click on one of these threads "Floats" or "Best Buys For 2012" and you will end up out of the forum and onto another page in the site which I beleive has nothing to do with the Kunena Forum.

Could someone please tell me what is wrong and how I can go about correcting this so it does what it is supposed to.

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum Redirect Issues
G'day, sharesau, and welcome to Kunena.

I can see that you do not have a Kunena menu; please look at the FAQs tab at the top of this page which will help you to restore the menu. Please look at the posting guide printed at the top of this page; your configuration report will help us to focus on the cause of your problem. Thanks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sharesau

More
9 years 1 month ago #3 by sharesau
Replied by sharesau on topic Re: Forum Redirect Issues
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : rt_mynxx_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 03/31/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
9 years 1 month ago #4 by sharesau
Replied by sharesau on topic Re: Forum Redirect Issues
I Hope this is what you mean

More
9 years 1 month ago #5 by rich
Replied by rich on topic Aw: Forum Redirect Issues
Go in "Backend > Menu Manager > Main Menu" and click on "Forum". Change the Menu Item Type to "Alias".
That should help you.

More
9 years 1 month ago #6 by sharesau
Didn't work I dont think. I followed the instructions and it no longer shows a link to the forum on the nagivation bar of the home page of my site. Also, the problem still exists. Chances are I've messed up along the way somewhere.

I have also included the forums report configuration settings.

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 64M

Kunena menu details:

Joomla default template details : rt_mynxx_j15 | author: RocketTheme | version: 1.5.3 | creationdate: 03/31/09

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2012-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Third-party components: None

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: The file doesn't exist sh404sef.xml !

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
9 years 1 month ago - 9 years 1 month ago #7 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Forum Redirect Issues
So many of these page redirect problems begin because people install "improvements" (like sh404SEF) and the problems end when they return to using "unimproved" Joomla.

In my earlier reply to you, I mentioned that you do not have a Kunena menu on your site. I see that you still do not have a Kunena menu on your site. Oh well, that's your choice but you really need to know your way around the Joomla menuing system to make that work.

My suggestion is to unininstall sh404SEF. If that works then you know what caused the problem in the first place and you can then ask the people who developed sh404SEF what you need to do to use their product on your site. If, by uninistalling sh404SEF, this does not fix your problem then you should do three things:

(1) If you want to use your own custom menu, see Customised menus in the Wiki.

(2) If you want to properly setup SEF URLs (with or without the a third-party product doing that for you), read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) .

(3) If you just want Kunena to work, without any fancy extra "customised" menus, click the FAQs tab on the menu here (as I suggested you do in the first place) and read How do I restore my Kunena menu?

Now if this fixes your Kunena problem and then, if you re-install sh404SEF, you find everything goes messy again, you know that you will have to find another solution to achieve whatever it was you bought and installed sh404SEF for in the first place.

If, after all else, you still cannot achieve a solution, let us know. There are other solutions we can suggest to help.
Last edit: 9 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.286 seconds