Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question K 1.7.2 + J 2.5.2: Reorder categories ends Category Manager

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #1 by modernmagic
I am using Kunena is 1.7.2 released the 2012-01-31

When I click on Reorder in the Category Manager it just sends me back to the Kunena Control Panel.

Is it not working or am I doing something wrong?

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by modernmagic.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Reorder Categories
Did you save the changes you made?

More
12 years 1 month ago #3 by modernmagic
Replied by modernmagic on topic Re: Reorder Categories
I wasn't making any changes. I would click the diskette image after making changes to the order number.

I thought clicking reorder how you sort the categories. ie "Click to sort by this column"

We focus on creating, managing and optimizing Joomla websites so you can focus on your own business
modernmagic.com
Attachments:

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
Do you have this problem on your test site? Any other sites? Or is it just the one site?

Have you modified Kunena source PHP code in any way? :dry:
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 1 month ago - 12 years 1 month ago #5 by modernmagic
I have tried this on another j2.5.2 Kunena 1.7.2 site and the column heading in the category manager all send me back to the Kunena control panel.

I have not edited the php code.

modernmagic.com
Last edit: 12 years 1 month ago by modernmagic.

More
12 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you.

I tried this myself. The key ingredient missing from the problem definition was J! 2.5.2.

Indeed, we can use the "reorder" function in J! 1.5. The problem only seems to occur in J! 2.5.2. I cannot say if this is specifically a Kunena issue or if it is a Joomla issue.

I will, however, move this topic to the Support category and I will ask the development team to look into this for us.

More
12 years 1 month ago #7 by modernmagic
thank you.

I wanted to find a way to have the categories always be alphabetical.

modernmagic.com

More
12 years 1 month ago #8 by sozzled

modernmagic wrote: thank you.

I wanted to find a way to have the categories always be alphabetical.

That is a different question. That question has been answered before. The answer to that question is no. Let's keep these two issues separate, please.

In this topic you originally ask about a problem with the Category Manager. I am trying to find the answer to that question for you.

More
12 years 1 month ago #9 by sozzled
I had hoped that one of my colleagues might have posted the answer to this question. :(

It appears that this is a defect - it could be a defect in K 1.7.2 or in J! 2.5.2 but the developers have not investigated the specific cause. The behaviour that we currently see should not occur, that is, it is undesirable that this behaviour occurs. The fact that the undesirable behaviour does occur, however, does not change the way that Kunena category settings are saved. In other words, pressing the "Reorder" button, doesn't actually do anything seriously bad. All that happens is that the Category Manager ends. Sorry about that.

This defect is a K 1.7.2 + J! 2.5.2 issue. It should not happen in a future version of Kunena.

See also github.com/Kunena/Kunena-2.0/issues/303

Time to create page: 0.382 seconds