Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Can't find: /components/com_kunena/template/default/images/english/icons

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #1 by De4Kia
Hello,

I'm sorry if there already is a thread on this topic, but I can not find it
I have a problem in: Kunena 1.7.2, if you are using Google Chrome.

The problem is, that the browser can't find:
online.gif
offline.gif
pm.gif
etc.

In this folder:
/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/english/icons

I can see that the folder does not exist and never have existed

If I check the folder on my server, I can see, that I only have:
/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/

There is no english folder, so it makes sense that Google Chrome can't
find the images. But I don't understand why Google Chrome can't find them,
when Firefox can?

If I press the button "Show images" in Firefox, I get a "404 not found" error,
because Firefox can't find the images, but on the kunena site, it shows the images
without any problems.

I tried to upgrade from 1.7.1 to 1.7.2 but it didn't help
So I checked the upgrade file, download from www.kunena.org ,
I can see, even the upgrade file is missing the english image folder.

When I upgraded, I didn't get any error,
The upgrade installed was successfully

My questions for all of you is:
How do I fix this problem, so it shows the images in all browsers.

You can see a images of the error here:

Regards
De4Kia
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by De4Kia. Reason: will not show the images I try to upload

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
It assists everyone better if people could please read Guide to posting questions when asking for support on the Index page of this site, before they post questions in the Support category. A copy of that posting guide appears at the top of this page.

I think you are using a third-party Kunena template and I think the problem you are having is because you are using a third-party Kunena template. If you have problems with third-party templates (e.g. missing images, icons, broken features, etc.) then you should discuss those problems with the author of that template. My question to you is, do you have these problems with the default Blue Eagle template?

It would help if you include your K 1.7 configuration report when you post your questions in the Support category. We may have further advice for you based on that information.

It may be possible that the way your site was setup, the Kunena installer did not have the necessary permission to create certain folders (and therefore install image files in those folders). You should look at K 1.6 and K 1.7 Installation and Upgrade , Securing Kunena , K 1.6 & K 1.7 Technical Requirements and (possibly) Kunena 1.7.2 Read Me for further detailed information and advice.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by De4Kia
Thanks for your help so far :)
I'm not sure if you want me to answer you here, or on the support site, or?
So I will answer you here :)

It is true that I'm using a third-party Kunena template.
but I also have the problem with Blue Eagle, so the problem can't be the third-party Kunena template.

I hope this is the config report you are looking for :)
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 2M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : hexicon_gamer | author: Shape5.com | version: 1.0 | creationdate: July 2011

Kunena default template details : InfinityHU | author: PedroHSI | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-07-21

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.7.1

I don't think it is my website, that is the problem.
Because Kunena have full control to create folders and all what it needs to run. :)
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Reveal K 1.7 configuration report in message

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
I would ask you do upgrade Joomla to J! 1.7.5 (at least) and try the Blue Eagle template. The InfinityHU template does not work with K 1.7. Yes, this is the support site for Kunena, and you have posted your question in the right place (more or less) although your question is more of a Template and Design issue than anything else.

The images that you need (to work with the Blue Eagle template) are not separate files at all. The "images" are actually CSS sprites - these are sometimes referred to as a "button set" For more information about buttonsets, look at How do I install a buttonset? . The ability to use different buttonsets is something that may be implemented in the Kunena template that you are using (which I why I ask you to use the default Blue Eagle template, first, to see if this overcomes your problem. I don't know if the InfinityHU template has such a feature.

You are correct: there is no folder ../components/com_kunena/template/default/images/english/icons in K 1.7. I think that there may have been such a folder in K 1.5 (I'm not too sure). I'm sorry but the Kunena team cannot really help you with problems that you may be having with the InfinityHU template; those are questions you will have to ask the author of that template.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.394 seconds