Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Images and Format all screwed up

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by pointaction
No problem with Kunena 1.7.1 until this morning I noticed the forums was offline then I went in to the Administrator side and clicked on the Kunena 1.7.1 component and it asked me to reinstall or remove Kunena 1.7.1 so I reinstalled it

Then went back in the component and found the format and images not showing up at all. So I have attached a screen shot of the site backend.

Has anyone seen this happen and how do I fix it?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't know what caused your problems. The fact that, when you attempted to change the Kunena configuration settings, you were asked to reinstall or remove K 1.7.1 suggests to me that the installation became corrupted. It's possible that the original installation was only partly successful.

The image you show suggests that there is a problem with Joomla. If I was in your situation, where I had, "until this morning" had no problems but was suddenly faced with some unexplained change, I would go back to my last-known good backup. Is this an option for you?

Are other Joomla extensions on your site affected in similar ways?

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by pointaction
All other extensions are working fine. Plus this was a fresh install of the forums and fresh install of Joomla 1.7

I tested all and and had no issues until today. Nothing changed on my site and no other extensions installed.

I tried to restore back a week ago and same thing it asked me to reinstall or remove.

I build Joomla based websites with forums and never came across this before. So this is very strange for happening.

The only thing messed up is the layout and images are gone on the viewing on the component other than that things are still working fine.

Some to think about if others come across the same thing.

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
I haven't seen many cases like this before. If it is possible (but I don't know if it is possible for you) to post your Kunena configuration report, this may help. See the posting guide printed at the top of this page.

From the information you have given, it seems that you have an issue with either your installation of Kunena or your database tables. It may be necessary for you to uninstall Kunena and try re-installing it again. I think that your installation of Joomla 1.7 has a problem (but I'm not sure what the problem is). We've seen problems with some earlier versions of J! 1.7 where the database tables - the ones that store details of what you've installed - have become corrupted. What specific version of Joomla are you using?
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by pointaction
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 100M | Max file upload: 150M

Joomla default template details : rt_halcyon | author: RocketTheme, LLC | version: 1.0 | creationdate: January 2, 2012

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.7.1 | creationdate: 2011-11-16

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm 2.6

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Thank you for posting that information. It helps (a little). From the looks of things, Kunena is installed (we cannot tell, without knowing the URL of your website) what other problems you may have, but at least it points to the fact that there is still some information intact in the Joomla database.

The forum online/offline setting is stored in the table xxx_kunena_config (the column name is board_offline). If your forum is offline, the value of board_offline will be 1. You can set your forum back to online by changing this value to 0. However, that probably won't fix up the problems you have with your Kunena configuration control.

Another way to recover from the catastrophe is to DROP the table xxx_kunena_config. If you then try to use Kunena, Kunena will attempt to rebuild this table again from a backup. This method doesn't always work.

As I mentioned earlier, I've seen this problem before with J! 1.7 (although not, specifically, with J! 1.7.3) but I can't recall how to show you what we did to resolve the case. As I recall, I had to spend a couple of hours digging into the innards of Joomla to find the problem and to remove all traces of an abortive attempt to install Kunena. Let's try the simple things first but I have fears that it's going to be a big job to try to patch things up.

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by pointaction
Well the config does not work now. it is set to 0 for enabled

pointaction.com/support/forums

Think there is a bug in this forums because can not enable.

I have done all asked

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
There is a defect in the way you have Kunena installed on your Joomla website. You can prove this by constructing another Joomla website (don't make any changes to the installation) and then install Kunena. What you should then find is that Kunena will work and all the backend features will operate as you would expect them to). What we then have to figure out is why your live site differs, in some way, from this new test site. That's what I would do in your situation.

I think that, somehow, your Joomla installation is messed up and that you could try cleaning it out of anything left over from a failed Kunena installation. It is beyond the scope of this forum to go into precise details what things you need to do. Perhaps someone else has some worthwhile contribution to make to this topic.

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by pointaction
What a pain in the you know what. I had to restore the site from the very beginning due a hacker some how injected a file that could not be removed with having whole site go blank.

This file was in the Kunena 1.7 forums component folder. I wish I could post the information file but I could not access it even at root access.

So now my forums is setup using my SSL Cert on the domain and it is forced SSL on the forums.

I am in the process redoing about 3 to 4 hours of work.

My suggestion for all make sure you secure Kunena 1.7 forums before going live.

Time to create page: 0.440 seconds