Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Really strange - losts posts - not upgrading

More
12 years 2 months ago #1 by KateKoch44
I have 1.7.1 on my site. I'm working on a new site that has the newest but this happened on the current site. All of a sudden, every forum said NO POSTS but everything content wise was still there. If I replied to a topic, it would show up but then disappear after 5 or 10 minutes.

So my tech guy said that a SEO switch had been switched but I know it hadn't because I hadn't been on the system. He switched it and the forum went back to normal but I had roughly 10,000 posts and now it's saying I have 6,000 posts. It took post counts away from all 15.000 registered users.

I'm scared that I've lost actual content more than the #'s being wrong.

Does anyone know what could have happened? Is there anyway to restore to the new count?

I do NOT have a backup because this happened without warning and the backup was a few days old. I do not want to have to go back to that date.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #2 by 810
Hi.

Try on the kunena backend:
Recount Category

also please add the Report Configuration Settings

regards 810

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #3 by sozzled
We don't know, any more than the advice you've already obtained, what might have caused the issues you're reported. When people post topics in the Support category, and make generalised comments about things that have gone awry, it's almost impossible to say what's happened without knowing more about the configuration you're currently using. If you want more specific answers then you need to provide more information. That's why we ask people to read the posting guide (printed at the top of this page) to assist. The more information you offer, the quicker we may be able to give you more specific answers.

If SEO seems to be at the core of the problem then I suggest you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki. You might also find some help by reading the FAQs page (see the menu link above this forum). You could also use the backend features to recompute the statistics, too. I don't know what else to advise.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #4 by KateKoch44
Wow, you're a breath of fresh air. Forget I asked.

And thank you 810, I'll try that.

I didn't install Kunena and I don't know about the technical part of it. I have someone who helps me but he isn't available right now and I was hoping someone here would be able to help me.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by KateKoch44.

Time to create page: 0.466 seconds