Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question Only using Kunena login and profile on J!1.7.3

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by haitao
Hi!

First of all, thanks for the great work and amazing support. I've been a long time user of kunena (since the joomlaboard days) and it's nice to see the project alive and that I have been able to upgrade and keep all the history.

I'm setting up a new site on J!1.7.3 where I would like to only use the kunena registration and profile. I've search a bit and only found some hacks for K/J!1.5. Is there a solution for this at this stage?

Thanks.

Fred
ps: I also had a kunena profile display problem (the text would display vertically) on Linux/chromium where adding width:100% to #Kunena div.current dd in components/com_kunena/template/default/css/kunena.forum-min.css fixed it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What do you mean by using only Kunena login and profile ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 3 months ago #3 by haitao
Sorry for the delay in my response. What I mean is 2 things actually. When using J! 1.7 and Kunena users still get to access their Joomla! profile after loging in for example. Is it possible for this information (which is already available in the Kunena profile) to not be presented as the joomla profile layout (but kunena instead)?

For the login I'm troubleshooting a weird bug where i can't login through the joomla! login but kunena login works. So again I was wondering if there was a way to prevent the joomla login to ever be available and people being presented with the kunena login. After thinking further I remembered users will still need to register through Joomla! anyway and it's probably better for me to fix the real issue... (no error in the apache log and I can connection refused error... server too busy maybe? -> only me connected).

Well thanks if you can help with the 1st question at least.

Fred

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled
Fred: I read your question about a dozen times and, I'm sorry, I still don't understand your question in the context of support from the Kunena project team. Please read the posting guide, printed at the top of this page. The posting guide explains the kind of support that people should be expecting when they post questions in the Support category. In other words, if Kunena fails to work for you as it's supposed to work, that's when people should ask for support.

When I look at your question, I don't understand what's "broken" or what's not working. I don't know anything more than the fact you considered using some hacks designed for K 1.5. Don't waste your time, those things won't probably won't work because K 1.5 is totally different to K 1.7. You have not given us any information about your website: please see again what is written in the posting guide, printed at the top of this page.

If you want help, please make sure that you are using the standard K 1.7.1 installation - that is, you did not hack the code - and the Blue Eagle template and we will see what we can do. At the moment, though, I don't know what else to advise.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by haitao
Hi!

Well nothing is broken per se (I fixed my login problem btw which was not related to Kunena, didn't say it was neither).

On a standard J! install if you create a menu for registration pointing to the J! user registration component, once you sign in this page will display a user profile page with some basic settings. Those are the J! profile data. My question is how to prevent displaying those data and display the kunena profile page instead. I hope I made myself clearer this time. I am not an English speaker and obviously you clearly misunderstood my English. Sorry about that.

Is that better this time? :)

Thanks

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled

haitao wrote: Is that better this time? :)

No, not really. If you are using the standard Kunena installation, standard Blue Eagle template, and nothing seems to be broken and if you can't (or won't) provide us with the configuration report, there is bot much else that we can do to help you. We can't give you more help unless we know more about your configuration.

How to produce your configuration report so that you can post it here on this forum is described in the posting guide printed at the top of this page.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.516 seconds