Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question New Avatar Problem with Kunena 1.7.1 and CB 1.7.1

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #1 by SGT_FaceLift
Hello. I recently tried to change my avatar on my site and noticed that the behavior was no longer working as it used to. When I upload the picture to use for the avatar it shows as if it has been uploaded and working but no longer appears on the Login module on the sidebar and doesn't show up on the actual posts. The avatar only shows up in small form on the top of the forum when viewing the index.

This used to work perfectly and only occurs when a user goes to change avatars. All the previous avatars that people had still work so the issue is quite puzzling to me.

I will include some screenshots:

Please note in Screenshot one that the "R" icon is the avatar that I uploaded. It is supposed to show up (it used to anyway) on the right side on top of the 'log out' button.

In screenshot 2, please note that the avatar is correct up top but not in the actual post.

This feature used to work perfectly and now without it the forum is an eyesore. Please help me determine what I need to do or what has changed to correct this issue.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Enabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : Response | author: Sulli | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2009-08-14

Kunena default template details : ArgentRC Dark | author: Gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by SGT_FaceLift. Reason: Fix Config Report..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by sozzled
I don't think we can help until we see your unedited Kunena configuration report. Please read What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)? .

Your problem could be caused by any number of things. Could be folder/file permissions; could be a Javascript library conflict with Joomla; could be a Community Builder matter. I don't know. Hard to advise further without the required information )that you've removed) from your configuration report.

Most likely, the issue is caused by using an old, outdated and unsupported Kunena template. What happens if you use the Blue Eagle template?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #3 by SGT_FaceLift
I apologize for that oversight. I edited the original post with the required information.

I will attempt the template change and post back the results. Thank you for your time.

EDIT: Same problem. Screenshot posted:

I wanted to mention that the "Login" box on the right used to display the avatar before this problem appeared. That is the "CBLogin" module and it seems to have the same problem that the avatar function is having within Kunena as well.

Do you advise that I take this matter to the CB Forums? I have searched there for something related to this but I didn't know exactly which website to start on.

Thanks.
Attachments:
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by SGT_FaceLift.

More
12 years 3 months ago #4 by sozzled

More
12 years 3 months ago #5 by SGT_FaceLift
Ah ok, so get Joomla to 1.5.25 and then ditch Legacy mode?

I'll see what I can do.

More
12 years 3 months ago #6 by sozzled
Ditch legacy mode, first. That's a must. Chances are that you're using an old J! 1.0 extension that's causing your problem (possibly something to do with CB, I can't say). Update J! 1.5.25 any time. There are a number of security vulnerabilities that are fixed with the later version of Joomla.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SGT_FaceLift

More
12 years 3 months ago #7 by SGT_FaceLift
OK, got everything done in a snap.

I just need to proceed from here I guess:

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 32M

Joomla default template details : Response | author: Sulli | version: 1.0 | creationdate: 2009-08-14

Kunena default template details : ArgentRC Dark | author: Gonzaunit | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 2010-08-20

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.1 | Build: 5162 | Version name: UnderUret | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: CommunityBuilder 1.7.1 | UddeIm

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Enabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4

More
12 years 3 months ago #8 by sozzled
Upgrade Kunena Latest.

Don't use that broken Kunena template. Use the Blue Eagle template.

I think you have some Joomla menu issues, too. Read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) , and rebuild your Kunena menu as explained in the FAQs. If you want to create a custom menu, read the article in the Wiki Customised menus .

More
12 years 3 months ago #9 by SGT_FaceLift
AFAIK Kunena Latest's most recent release is 1.6.4.

I'm not sure what you mean by Joomla Menu issues. I wasn't the original person to create the menus in Kunena or Joomla but before I go tearing everything apart can you please explain what we did wrong with the menus?

More
12 years 3 months ago - 12 years 3 months ago #10 by sozzled
Kunena Latest 1.7.1 is available from the download page. Kunena Latest 1.6.4 was released in May last year and has been superseded (twice).

Your configuration report shows that you have a "non-standard" Kunena menu. Standardise it first. I've given you links on what you need to look at.

The technique to resolving problems with Kunena is to start with a working system: a proven, tested, up-to-date Joomla base with the most-recently released stable and supported versions of Joomla extension software. If people attend to the basics, first, most of the problems they have quickly disappear. Most of these matters we are discussing here are canvassed in detail in the K 1.6 and K 1.7 Upgrade Guide which we ask people to read before they upgrade Kunena.
Last edit: 12 years 3 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.616 seconds