Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Attach button in IE7 and IE8 failure [Kunena 1.7.1]

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #1 by VictorHTorres
Hello Friends,

Testing my site with IE Tester which allows me to display the website in all versions of IE, I find the problem that the attach button does not work in IE7 and IE8.

Please watch the following video I made for you, made ​​in the version of IE7 but the same also in IE8:

screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cXl2bbvm5

In all other browsers work well [Chrome, Firefox, IE9]

My features installation:
*Kunena 1.7.1
*Joomla 1.7.3

Best Regards!
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by VictorHTorres.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
Thank you for demonstrating the problem that you seem to be having with Kunena and Interent Explorer 7 and 8. The problem may not be simply a case of something peculiar with that browser. The problem may be caused by a Javascript library conflict that causes the Open dialog not to appear when you click the "Add File" button. We've seen this problem before. It's not common to see this problem with J! 1.7.x. The reason that this is uncommon is because most J! 1.7.x templates do not load other software that interferes with Joomla's Mootools library.

However, that's not to say that IE7 (or IE8) is not at fault, either. As you say, you do not see this problem with IE9, Firefox or Google Chrome browsers and thank you for confirming that.

While K 1.7.1 has been tested with a range of the latest browsers (see K 1.6 & K 1.7 Technical Requirements ) our ability to test with older browsers is very limited due to our access to those browsers. We can spend a lot of time trying to fix these things but, in general, sometimes these things take more time to fix than the occurrence of these problems demands. This is a problem faced by all web developers.

We understand that, for some people, they may not be able to upgrade to the latest browsers. As time passes - as those older browsers fade from "popular usage" - these problems will gradually disappear.

We understand the problem and we sympathise with users who are caught in this situation. There are ways to fix these problems but they require time and effort (and cost) to do those things. This may not seem very helpful but, if someone has the time and commitment to work through the problems and address legacy IE7/IE8 matters, they can be solved.

While every effort was made to ensure that K 1.6 was compatible with IE7 (and IE8), we lack the resources to make the same commitment in future generations of Kunena. For example, the next major version (currently in development), K 2.0, will not support those old browsers at all and no effort will be made by the project team to work through any "legacy browser" concerns. This was a difficult decision to make but it's one that was made in the best interests of the majority of people who want a reliable, durable and robust web-based discussion forum for their websites and one that insures the viability of their websites now and for the years to come.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 4 months ago - 12 years 4 months ago #3 by sozzled
I've had further discussions on this topic with my colleagues. While we can theorise why you're having the problems that you're having, it would help if you looked at the posting guide printed at the top of this page, provide the information that's requested in that guide, and my colleagues may have better advice than I have given you.

One thing is clear: IE Tester is not a substitute for the real thing. IE Tester has known defects that give ambivalent results. Try with Internet Explorer 9 Developers Tools - Press F12.
Last edit: 12 years 4 months ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VictorHTorres

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by VictorHTorres
My friend,

I guess it would ignore the problem how to contribute to people not using older browsers, but in my country in companies and schools use IE7 and IE8 much.

I had doubts about the program IETester. But I did run the program with IE9, and the button works as if in the native browser.

I prefer that you take time to convert Kunena the best of all in version 2.0 and add the options to share with social networks (it was suggested).

Thank you friend

More
12 years 4 months ago #5 by sozzled
K 2.0 will not support IE8 or older browsers.

Time to create page: 0.474 seconds