Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Question User Posts in Profile Permissions

More
12 years 4 months ago #1 by salsa30
Hey all, just to warn you, I'm a complete novice and really know nothing about web design or css or things like that.

Basically I have my forum set up with these user groups/access leves:

Public>Registered>Members>Mods

Public can see "Section A", but not post.
Registered can see "Section A", and can post.
Members can see and post to "Section A & B".
Mods can see and post to "Section A, B, & C".

Everything is working fine, except that if a user looks at the profile of any other registered user, they can see and open any post, regardless if they have permission to see the forum or not. Is there a way to fix this without removing profiles and user lists completely?

Thanks for the help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, salsa30, welcome to Kunena and I'm sorry it's taken so long to respond to your very good question.

From my discussions with the development team, there are some issues (like yours) that will not be easily solved in K 1.7. However, here's a workaround (not a perfect solution) that may meet your needs.

We assume that your categories are set up like this:

Section A (Public)
Category A1: (Public)

Section B: (Registered)
Category B1: (Public)

Section C: (Moderators)
Section C1: (Public)

That will not work in K 1.x. Instead, set up your categories like this:

Section A (Public)

Category B1: (Registered)

Section C1: (Moderators)

More
12 years 4 months ago #3 by salsa30

sozzled wrote: G'day, salsa30, welcome to Kunena and I'm sorry it's taken so long to respond to your very good question.

From my discussions with the development team, there are some issues (like yours) that will not be easily solved in K 1.7. However, here's a workaround (not a perfect solution) that may meet your needs.

We assume that your categories are set up like this:

Section A (Public)

Category B1: (Public)

Section C1: (Public)

That will not work in K 1.x. Instead, set up your categories like this:

Section A (Public)

Category B1: (Registered)

Section C1: (Moderators)

Thanks for getting back to me. I changed the category permission to be the same as the section permissions, but this did not solve the problem. While the users cannot see sections/categories they don't have permission to from the "Index" page, they can still get into forums they aren't allowed to by this method:

Registered user clicks opens "User List" and selects a Moderator's profile to view.
Under the "Posts" tab in the Moderator's profile, the Registered user can see any of Moderator's posts, follow the hyperlink, and have access to threads they shouldn't be allowed to.

I am probably missing some mundane detail. I always do that.

Thanks for the help!

More
12 years 4 months ago #4 by sozzled
The "mundane" details are always important. As I wrote in my reply, we made a lot of assumptions about how you might have set up your categories.

Please read the posting guide printed at the top of this page. I suggest you read (apologies about the poor quality of the information): Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 1) and Sections, Categories, sub-Categories (Part 2) - advanced setup for special groups . This documentation is the best that I can refer you to but, unfortunately, it's a little out-of-date, difficult-to-understand and (in some parts) just plain wrong. We're not going to attempt to update the documentation. This information needs to be rewritten, anyway, for K 2.0. I hope we make a better job of it in the future than we've done in the past.

Can you please provide the information requested in the posting guide? Thanks

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #5 by Nolghan
Well since there is still no response I assume that you still got no report file. I got the same issue therefore I will supply you with one.

Actually it would suffice if I could delete some part of the php code so that the "thread/posts" button won't appear in the user profile.

This message contains confidential information
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Nolghan.

Time to create page: 0.627 seconds