Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Merged [Merged topic] Max signature length not implemented

More
12 years 3 months ago #1 by lcdservices
frontend config has a setting for max signature length which is not actually implemented (a grep of cfg_maxsig reveals it only exists in the config settings page).

com_kunena/funcs/profile.php should check that setting and truncate or return an error if the value is exceeded.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

thanks for report, i will look that

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
11 years 10 months ago #3 by nsprime
Hello,

Setting the Maximum number of characters allowed for the user signature is not working.

More
11 years 10 months ago #4 by sozzled
Config report, please, and an example where this occurs?

More
11 years 10 months ago #5 by michalis
I have exactly the same problem, the default max. signature lenth is set to 50 characters but that doesnt seem to matter, whatever the number is there does not seem to be a limit to signature lenght

the forum is gonna look like a jungle if everyone starts creating huge signatures

sozzled I use joomla 2.5.4, kunena 1.7.2, aup 1.72, butits the kunena profile that I use for the site, is there anything I can do?

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #6 by sozzled
In this category K 2.0 Test Reports we are discussing issues arising with K 2.0.0 Beta. If there is a problem with K 1.7.2 this is not the appropriate place to discuss those matters.

We have asked nsprime to provide a configuration report relating to this topic; no configuration report has yet been posted. Therefore, the possibility that the "max. signature length" is not being honoured in K 2.0.0 Beta is unconfirmed at this time.
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
11 years 10 months ago #7 by 810
thnx for the report. I just fixed it.

More
11 years 10 months ago - 11 years 10 months ago #8 by michalis
the default is set to 50 characters max

but it doesnt matter if I set it to 0 or 200, it still does not limit signature length, and when the signature is too big is messes with the template it seems, where some buttons do not show

can someone tell me how to make the max. signature length work, or alternatively, how to disable signatures?

I am useing joomla 2.5.4 and kunena 1.7.2

dont know if it makes any difference, I have also installed alphauserpoints 1.7 but I am still using kunena profile
Last edit: 11 years 10 months ago by sozzled. Reason: Change topic icon

More
11 years 10 months ago #9 by michalis
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Enabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

This message contains confidential information
htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 50M | Max file upload: 15M

Kunena menu details:
Warning: Spoiler!

Joomla default template details : ifreedom-fjt | author: FJT | version: 2.5.0 | creationdate: 12-04-2012

Kunena default template details : nts_krevista | author: 9ThemeStore | version: 1.7.2 | creationdate: 2011-05-07

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.7.2 | Build: 5215 | Version name: Omega | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints 1.7.3 | UddeIm 2.7

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled

Modules: None

More
11 years 10 months ago #10 by michalis
help?

Time to create page: 0.412 seconds