Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Posting guide:

For a quick response, please give us as much information that helps us to understand the problem.
Please read first What information should I include when I ask for help (including how to post my configuration report)?
This category is for:
  • Kunena 1.7 product-related issues only; and
  • when your Kunena forum does not work.
Do not use this category:
  • to request adding to or removing from the standard features of Kunena;
  • if your question is of a commonly asked "how to" nature;
  • if you are not using the latest stable release of Kunena; or
  • ▪ general Joomla or website adminstration matters
General hints: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way .
Please read the guides posted as sticky topics in this category.
Also refer to the FAQs menu tab above for frequently asked questions.

Note: Support for, and all questions relating to, K 1.7 will cease on 31 August 2012. Our advice is, if you are having problems with K 1.7, to upgrade to K 2.x as soon as practicable,

Important Wrong link to forum when using multilanguage

More
12 years 7 months ago #1 by alliance2000
Hi all!

I'm using a Joomla 1.7 website with multilanguage support (german/english), JomSocial 2.2.4 and Kunena 1.6.5. In the JomSocial-menu there is a button called "forum", which gives in the german version the following link when clicked:

.../index.php/de/forum/aktuell?language=de-DE

The forum opens and everything is fine. When I switch to english, the link is the following:

.../index.php/en/forum/aktuell?language=en-GB

Now the problem is, that the forum-menu is missing! The link calls the wrong module ("forum/aktuell" instead of "forum-en/aktuell-en"). When I change the link manually to the following:

.../index.php/en/forum-en/aktuell-en?language=en-GB

or when I click the "english flag" (in the Joomla language switcher module) the link changes like this:

.../index.php/en/forum-en/aktuell-en

Tadaa! The menu is visible again. So how can I change the link behavior of the forum-button to the correct behavior?

Thanks for your help!

Jack

Additional info:

As described in the Joomla 1.7 multilange-tutorials I have created 2 Kunena-Menus (1 german only called "kunenamenu" and 1 english only called "kunenamenu-en") and the corresponding menu items are linked between those two menus.

Here is the configuration info from Kunena:

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 128M | Max file upload: 128M

Joomla default template details : venor | author: www.venor.net | version: 1.6 | creationdate: 11/04/13

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.5 | creationdate: 2011-07-27

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.5 | Build: 5005 | Version name: Babel | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: Jomsocial 2.2.4

Third-party SEF components: None

Plugins: System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | System - Mootools12: Disabled | Kunena Search 1.6.4 | Kunena Discuss 1.6.4 | My Kunena Forum Posts 1.6.4 | Kunena Groups 1.6.4

Modules: Kunena Latest 1.6.4 | Kunena Stats 1.6.4 | Kunena Login 1.6.4 | Kunena Search 1.6.4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #2 by Matias
We haven't tested Kunena 1.6 in multi-language environment (J1.6+) and it looks like that we forgot to implement the feature.

I will try to fix this into the next release (out in about a week).

More
12 years 7 months ago #3 by alliance2000
I have done another approach to the problem and I was able to fix it. I hacked the joomla menu-behavior and implemented a JText-feature. So now I have only one Kunena-menu and it uses JText from the language-ini-files. By doing this, I can use as many languages as I like and need only one Kunena-menu!

Case closed! ;)

Jack

More
12 years 7 months ago #4 by Matias
Actually I added some support for this into K1.7.0 -- it's not perfect but works by adding menus for all languages into the same Kunena Menu.

Oh boy -- I hope that I will never need to create a multilingual site in Joomla 1.7! It took me a few hours to figure out how to make it to work, even without Kunena.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #5 by jschmi
I'm using Kuena on my multi-lingual (German/English) Joomla2.5 site. Though Kuena supports multiple languages the tabs on header do not switch language. So I've set up one set of menus for german language and one set for english language - this works fine but result is that with this configuration now the tabs on header are not displayed anymore. Did I miss anything by doing so? Or is this not supported at all (I'm running Kuena 1.7.2)?

greeting,
Jochen

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #6 by sozzled

More
12 years 2 weeks ago #7 by jschmi
hi Jack,

your solution seems to be exactly what I need. Can you send me your hack?
Thanks in advance.

Jochen

More
11 years 11 months ago #8 by rodfarrell
There seems to be no documentation on using Joomla 2.5 multilanguage features with Kunena - is it possible firstly and if so HOW?

Time to create page: 0.475 seconds