Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question 404 not found error

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by honeyflowfarm
I just installed Kunena 1.6 on my joomla1.6 site. The installation went fine. I put kunena index page in my menu but whenever I go to it I get a: "The requested URL /joomla-working/farm-forum was not found on this server." I have the kunena site marked on line.... Any ideas??? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: 404 not found error
Hello,

Do you create correctly the menu item for kunena in your menu ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by honeyflowfarm
I think I did - I know it acts like the menu is not correct. It is in my main menu, I created a menu item called "forum" and pointed it to the kunena index file (which is now there after the install).

Another weird thing - I also now seem to have a component called "comrokmodule" that when I click on it, I also get a 404 error message.
Attachments:

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic Re: 404 not found error
What joomla and kunena versions are-you using ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by honeyflowfarm
Problem is resolved. The menu soon went bonkers and none of the menu items returned a page. Fortunately I had Akeeba backup installed and it worked perfectly and I put the site back to normal. Then I re-installed Kunena and now the page & program works. I was reading the top line in this forum and did I install the wrong module for my Joomla1.6 site? The site is not really running yet, I hope to eventually replace my existing site.

Thanks again :)

More
12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #6 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: 404 not found error
What you read printed at the top of this page is a cautionary note to all people who are trying to use K 1.6 and J! 1.6. Until the Joomla Extension Directory gives a "green light" to classifying K 1.6 as a "native J! 1.6 extension" people need to understand that K 1.6.3 may not be a completely reliable way of running web-based forums on J! 1.6 websites. On the other hand, there are few other alternatives available at this time, either.

More detailed advice is contained in K 1.6 Technical Requirements .

No, you did not use the "wrong" software; there is currently no other publicly-available version of Kunena that works better than K 1.6.3. K 1.6.4 will work better but only if people are running J! 1.6.3. People should also know that J! 1.6.3 is not without problems, either, and these will probably not be fixed until the release of J! 1.7 (expected in June/July this year). Until such time as Joomla 1.6 is fixed, Kunena can only be made to work properly by continued development, workarounds, and accepting that some things cannot ever work until things are fixed on the Joomla side.

On the other hand, J! 1.5.23 still offers a reliable, stable platform but without some of the added features of J! 1.6.3. Is it worth your while to use J! 1.6.3 instead of J! 1.5.23? Everyone has their own opinion and people should be guided by their individual needs combined with an understanding of the risks that may be involved.
Last edit: 12 years 11 months ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds