Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question The Category buttons don't work

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by Castor-Designs
Hey there.
First of all I hope i'm in the right section here. But why you write, Joomla 1.6 were in beta? J1.6 is stable...
So here goes the bug i want to report: There can't be any categories to be deleted nor edited nor could you create new categories. The accordant menu in the admin panel just does a # to the end of the url B)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by BoonDockSaint
Hi guys

I have installed Kunena 1.6.3 om Joomla 1.6.2.

It is not possible to either edit or add a category in the backend. Everything in the manager is locked...
I tryed different browser end also a fresh installation.

Any idea about what is wrong?

Best regards

More
12 years 11 months ago #3 by BoonDockSaint
I have the exact same problem... :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #4 by sozzled

Castor-Designs wrote: First of all I hope i'm in the right section here.

Yes this is the right category.

Castor-Designs wrote: But why you write, Joomla 1.6 were in beta? J1.6 is stable...

Fair comment. That's something I can fix.

Castor-Designs wrote: There can't be any categories to be deleted nor edited nor could you create new categories. The accordant menu in the admin panel just does a # to the end of the url B)

This might be a problem with K 1.6.3 and J! 1.6.2, I don't know. I have not tested K 1.6.3 on J! 1.6.2.

More
12 years 11 months ago #5 by sozzled

BoonDockSaint wrote: I have installed Kunena 1.6.3 on Joomla 1.6.2. ... Any idea about what is wrong?

Without seeing your K 1.6 configuration report I don't think anyone can properly diagnose what may be wrong. I suggest that you might like to read what I wrote earlier today: Joomla 1.6 and Kunena .

I am not saying that K 1.6.3 will not work at all on J! 1.6.2 - I don't know because I haven't tested that combination - but I am saying that K 1.6.3 will not work properly on any version of J! 1.6 and I think we can all agree that J! 1.6.2 is so relatively new that the Joomla community has not thoroughly identified all the potential problems that may have been inadvertently introduced into that version.

Therefore it is up to the community to provide us with feedback on the kinds of problems they are having at the moment even if there is not, necessarily, an easy way to fix them. Does that make sense to you? :)

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by 810
The issue is fixed in k1.6.4, The issue is there because mootools isn't loaded anymore on the backend since J1.6.2.

regards 810

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by BoonDockSaint

810 wrote: The issue is fixed in k1.6.4, The issue is there because mootools isn't loaded anymore on the backend since J1.6.2.

regards 810

Cool B)
Do you have a release date for K1.6.4?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Castor-Designs

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by 810
No, day yet, still fixing bugs and then testing.

regards 810

More
12 years 11 months ago #9 by jay1921
Hi, im on a brand new joomla 1.6 final.

Kunena has a great many broken features.
But as I said im on a brand new web site and nothing is beta its joomla final version.

More
12 years 11 months ago #10 by BoonDockSaint

jay1921 wrote: Hi, im on a brand new joomla 1.6 final.

Kunena has a great many broken features.
But as I said im on a brand new web site and nothing is beta its joomla final version.

The problems will be solved in the next update in Kunena as you can read above here.
When it comes to Joomla, they are already on 1.6.2 :whistle: Nothing is final...

Time to create page: 0.399 seconds