Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Idea Not able to edit Profile - not able to see menu

More
13 years 4 days ago #1 by destructioncrew
Hi,

I have installed latest version of k on latest version of j.

Menu did show for a short stint, but just disappeared and can't see why or how to get back.

Further, then I click on EDIT profile, tabs are shown, but are dead (screenie below). I initially thought this may be a setting or permissions or something, but after dredging through admin, I can't see why edit is disabled.

Help?

Thanks,
DC

PS. forum not open to public view or registration. Please let me know if you need access.

(see screen shot :blink: below)

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : boowne1.6 | author: globbers | version: 1.0.0 | creationdate: January 2011

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 days ago #2 by destructioncrew
Hi,

Sozzled or someone...was hoping you guys could help me out one way or another on this.

I know it's the new J, but least lead me to files to edit. I am ok at finding my way around php and such. Any kind of direction, ideas or help would be HUGELY appreciated.

Thanks,
DC

More
13 years 1 day ago #3 by destructioncrew
Still looking for some kind of reply here as I would LOVE to have my users be able to edit their profile.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE???

TY

DC

More
13 years 1 day ago #4 by sozzled
Is this problem related to the kind of browser that you are using? In other words, do you have this problem if you use Firefox? Are you using Internet Explorer 9 when you see this problem?

More
13 years 1 day ago #5 by destructioncrew
I use FF 3.6 and also issue happens on IE 8.

So same either way - dead profile edit options.

I'd love to find a simple solution instead of have to rebuild the profile system :(

Thanks for any help you can give.

DC

More
13 years 1 day ago #6 by sozzled
The only advice that I can offer, at this time, is that I have not seen reports of this problem before. It's possible that this is an issue in K 1.6.3; I can't be sure because the only website where I am using K 1.6 on J! 1.6.1 is where I am using the stock-standard Beez template and I'm using K 1.6.4 (which is not publicly available at this time).

It's possible that this issue might occur with J! 1.6.2 (but your config. report shows that you are using J! 1.6.1) because J! 1.6.2 is defective (in the sense that this kind of feature would not work in IE 9, because IE9 needs Mootools 1.2.5). But that's not what you've just reported.

Does this problem occur if you use the Beez template?

More
13 years 1 day ago #7 by priestsjaak
On my search onto what broke upon the release of J 1.6.2 I came accross quite some bugs in that one.
If you go to their tracker you might come accross some of those as well.
The one you are referring too looks familiar to me.
If you are using CB this is most certainly the case, as that broke as well due to J 1.6.2

Get onto Joomla 1.6.3 that got released today, and look if that sorts the issue for you.

Hope this helps a bit.

Time to create page: 0.483 seconds