Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Profile and Avatar won't update :(

More
13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #1 by destructioncrew
I am using joomla 1.6 and the latest kunena.

Not only does the profile and avatar not update for a new user, the user does not show in admin under manage users for kunena, though they do for joomla.

Can you help?

Thanks,
DC

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 2M

Joomla default template details : black_lernvid.com | author: Juergen Koller | version: 1.1 | creationdate: Mar 2011

Kunena default template details : Aphotic II | author: snilloconator | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2010-12-30

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Enabled (Version : 1.6.2) | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Lots of disabled not installed stuff??? HELP! Thanks :)
Last edit: 13 years 2 weeks ago by destructioncrew.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by destructioncrew
UPDATE:

I found a sync forum option that said:
Kunena adds new user profiles only if user enters to the forum. This function makes default profiles to all existing users.

And it added user profiles, but for existing users only :( It doesn't look like it is auto adding profiles for new members who enter the forum...

DC

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #3 by destructioncrew
Ok, after researching the forum, I found that many people had this problem and that 1.7 is supposed to fix it.

IN THE MEANTIME, I went ahead and edited the code in the registration file to auto-insert the new user record (upon verification and login of new account) into the forum table so as to have the record auto created and not have to manually sync the member records every day.

I have attached the file. Make a back up of your old user.php file, then upload this file to the directory shown below:

libraries/joomla/database/table/user.php

It will insert into the default installed forum user table name (jos_kunena_users), so assuming you used default values setting it up, it should be plug and play for ya.

Good luck!

DC

File Attachment:

File Name: user_file.zip
File Size:4 KB

PS. you can see it in action on a site I am building here: www.customrodandcycle.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by destructioncrew.

More
13 years 1 week ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

When you are using the sync function, you need to check the right box too

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 week ago #5 by destructioncrew

xillibit wrote: Hello,

When you are using the sync function, you need to check the right box too

Hi, yeah there is only one check box for that and it's just for sync'n "existing" members. There is not a feature in there to automate it.

DC

More
13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #6 by xillibit
In k1.6.4, it's more autmotatic, but this version isn't yet released

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 13 years 1 week ago by xillibit.

More
13 years 1 week ago #7 by destructioncrew
Ah...so at least I know that there wasn't a solution I was missing and my effort was not for not :)

My solution certainly patched the issue and am very happy because otherwise this is a great package.

Thanks,
DC

Time to create page: 0.655 seconds