Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Problem with Custom Category Icons

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #1 by Josh07
I have k1.6 installed on Joomla 1.6 with CB and I am trying to customize the icon for categories (or child categories)

I have tested the topic icons and there are no problems when it comes to adding your own icons to the folder/array and having them show up...

BUT

when it comes to category icons, I cannot seems to customize it...I could obviously change all of them by going to the root/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons/folder.png...folder_nonew.png and folder_nonew_sm.png but I would like to be able to assign different category icons...

Here is what I have tested so far...
I searched the forums and first tried to add images to the /medai/kunena/category_images/ folder where the three images were 1022_notlogin.png 1022_on.png and 1022_off.png (1022 is the category number).

That didn't work so I also tried sticking those three images into the root/components/com_kunena/template/default/images/icons folder and that didn't work either...

I then checked out the #__kunena_categories table in the database and first noticed there was a column for cat_emoticon but each row had a value of zero...I tried to adjust that value for category 1022 but didn't seem to have any luck with that either...
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 2 weeks ago #2 by Josh07
I know this isn't a support forum but if anyone has any ideas on how this could work I would love to hear them!
The topic has been locked.
Time to create page: 0.523 seconds