Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question J1.6 + K1.6.3 emoticon upload is not shown correctly in backend/frontend

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by fribse
I've added an emoticon to Kunena, and it gets uploaded to my selected template.
But when I view it in backend, it doesn't show the icon until I manually place it in 'default'.

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
Let me be sure I understand what you are asking.

You have a different template to the Blue Eagle (default) template. You followed the procedure Smiley management in the Wiki and you tried to upload your own image. You cannot see the image in the backend.

Does your newly-added emoticon image display on your template?

The instructions in the Wiki relating to many things are out-of-date. Unfortunately I only have one pair of hands - my own - to update about 500 articles written in the Wiki. If someone would like to assist me in this regard I would very much appreciate the help.

This is one of those issues. We need better information in the article K 1.6 Template that explains not only how to create the template, but all the ancillary issues like emoticons, topic icons, category icons and so on and so forth.

Thank you for your question. I don't know the answer and I don't think the answer is different whether you use J! 1.6 or J! 1.5. The issue only arises if you use your own Kunena template. The information in the Wiki needs to be updated; it will be updated sooner if someone would like to offer their time and join in the process of documenting Kunena. No-one has made that offer yet and so this problem will have to wait.
The following user(s) said Thank You: fribse

More
13 years 2 weeks ago #3 by fribse
That's right, I used the info from the wiki, and I'm using the template called Evolution Slate from www.TemplateKunena.com .

Best regards
Fribse

Dykkerklubben Dannebroge www.dkdb.dk
We're a volunteer driven diving club in Mosede, Denmark.
Har du brug for en dykkerklub der rummer alle, så kom ned til os.

Time to create page: 0.672 seconds