Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question J! 1.6 and K 1.6 problems for beginners

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by jazzzbo
I've just started using K2unena, and have a couple of problems I can't seem to fix...
1. I'd like to get rid of the 'Welcome to Kunena' topic under Recent Topics. I believe I am set up as admninistrator, but can't find a way to delete it.
2. The tab color is light blue on a dark blue or charcoal. ( www.calgarybridge.org/index.php/forum ) What file do I need to edit to fix this? Where do I find it?

My Configuration
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Exists | PHP environment: Max execution time: 30 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 10M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Thanks
Jim
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled. Reason: Changed subject to improve relevance for search purposes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by sozzled
(1) The Welcome to Kunena topic is easily removed. You delete the topic just like you would delete any other topic. You do this from the frontend; you have to be logged in as a site administrator or forum moderator to delete topics.

(2) Please read K 1.6 Technical Requirements . You need to understand that K 1.6.3 is not 100% compatible with J! 1.6. This issue has been fixed in K 1.6.4 (which is not yet available for public release at this time) so you need to wait for this new release or search the forum to see how to workaround your problem. We do not recommend J! 1.6.0 for anything - this version of Joomla is not very reliable. If you must use Joomla 1.6, please upgrade to J! 1.6.1 but, even so, there will be difficulties using J! 1.6.1 and K 1.6.3, too.

At this time we do not recommend J! 1.6 as a base platform for beginner users of Kunena and Joomla unless they are aware of many technical difficulties that are involved. J! 1.6 is not without its own teething problems.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delphi32

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #3 by jazzzbo
Thanks for your observations and advice.
Is upgrading Joomla just a matter of installing the new version over the old, or do I need to start all over again as I did on the 1.5 to 1.6 upgrade?
J

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #4 by sozzled
You should ask questions about how to upgrade J! 1.6.0 -> J! 1.6.1 on the Joomla forum.

Time to create page: 0.507 seconds