Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Non-Registered users cannot see categories

More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #1 by AbdRahim
All menus etc are public. however the categories are registered and I can't reset them to everybody. Even creating a new one Everybody is not an option. don't understand why Public results in "nobody". Non Registered users can see the login page but cannot see categories. Resetting to default settings did not help. From earlier posts it looks like I am stuck except for uninstalling and reinstalling. This would wipe out already registered users. Any ideas?

Is there a file I can edit to Set categoies back to Everybody?
Is K1.6 the wrong version for Joomla 1.61?
Is here a way to preserve registered user info, if I uninstall Kunena and insytall anolder version or re-install K1.6?
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by AbdRahim.
The topic has been locked.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #2 by thetoast
In your Kunena Config under Security the second setting down says "Registered Users Only" what do you have this set to? If you want the forums to be able to be viewed by everyone make sure this is set to "NO"

Then in the "Category Manager" select the category you want to allow everyone to see. The clicl on the setting for that category and select Everyone from the access level.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #3 by AbdRahim
Everyone is not listed as a choice for the categories
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #4 by thetoast
Never had this problem you should post your Config report. Maybe there is something conflicting like ACL
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #5 by AbdRahim
Everyone does not exist in the Joomla access levels either
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #6 by sozzled
I moved this topic from K 1.6 Support to this category.

AbdRahim wrote:

Is K1.6 the wrong version for Joomla 1.61?

It depends on what version of K 1.6 you are using. Your K 1.6 configuration will help us to advise you. You should also read K 1.6 Technical Requirements

Your K 1.6 configuration report will also help us to advise you with your question about why "non registered users cannot see categories" and other problems that you may be having.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #7 by AbdRahim
More
13 years 3 weeks ago - 13 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
How did you obtain that particular development version of Kunena when you are not a member of the official testers group. You should know that version of Kunena is not supported and has been superseded. It may be likely that the problems you have with that version have been fixed in a later build.
Last edit: 13 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #9 by AbdRahim
That is what was available for download.
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #10 by sozzled
I am sorry but K 1.6.4-DEV (b 4648) is not publicly available for download. The publicly available version is K 1.6.3 (b 4344). So I will ask you again: How did you obtain K 1.6.4-DEV (b 4648)?
Time to create page: 0.483 seconds