Kunena 5.2.6 released and Blue eagle 1.6.6 released (25 Jul 2021)

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 5.2.6 [K 5.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 3.9.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 5.2 and issues discovered during the development stages of K 5.2.6

× This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Mistekenly Installed Kunena second time: broke my forums

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #1 by craig
I just installed Kunena on my joomla site, but unfortunately I already have Kunena installed. I thought I was installing "Kunena Latest module". The download page for the module displays a download link for Kunena 1.6, and I clicked on that thinking it was the module.

But now my forum is broken. Is there an easy way to fix this, or do I have to start all over again?
Last edit: 10 years 6 months ago by craig.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #2 by xillibit
Hello,

What do you mean by your forum is broken ?

What joomla and kunena versions do you have ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: craig

More
10 years 6 months ago #3 by craig
I'm using Joomla 1.6 and Kunena 1.6.

In the installation window I received a message: JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home1/mindstre/public_html/wisdomangermanagement/administrator/components/com_kunena/archive

Then when I tried to access my forums there is a message: The Forum is currently offline for maintenance
Check back soon!

The forum menu item no longer appears. And when I try access the forum back end, there is a Kunena installation page.

More
10 years 6 months ago #4 by xillibit

More
10 years 6 months ago #5 by craig
When I went to the Kunena component in my Joomla backend, I was taken to an install page. I was able to fix the problem simply by choosing to 'reinstall' the forums from the control panels.

More
10 years 6 months ago #6 by xillibit
the kunena installation has failed somewhere ?

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.094 seconds