Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Kunena 1.6.3 vanished after migration to J! 1.6 with jupgrade tool

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by brtanner
The Kunena extension is gone after migration to joomla 1.6 on test server using the jupgrade tool. I easily installed new version of Kunena 1.6.3, but how can I transfer categories, messages, etc. to the "new" forum? thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
Are you saying that the Kunena Latest module does not work with J! 1.6? Yes, that's a known issue. Browse this category. I think someone has found an solution.

If you are saying that your whole forum has disappeared ... I mean, look at the subject! :blink:

Kunena 1.6.3 vanished after migration to J! 1.6 with jupgrade tool

Would you like to explain what you mean by K 1.6.3 vanished?

I'm trying to put your question into a context that I can understand.
The following user(s) said Thank You: brtanner

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #3 by brtanner
Apologies for any lack of clarity. After finishing the migration, the forum link from the main menu was dead (page not found error), and in the J! Extensions Manager there were no entries for Kunena. All of the users are there.

After reinstalling Kunena 1.6.3, I can create a new menu link, and the "new" forum seems fine, but, of course, empty of former categories and topics.

I can login with my old user info, but profile is not linked to user. Interestingly, the new user info contains the special categories transferred over from Art of User...
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by brtanner.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #4 by sozzled
And how, specifically for the Kunena add-on called Kunena Discuss, is your question about the failed migration involved?

Or is this topic in the wrong category. Are we really saying that you tried to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 1.6 and you failed to achieve a successful migration of your J! 1.5 extensions? Is that it? :S
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #5 by brtanner

Are we really saying that you tried to migrate from J! 1.5 to J! 1.6 and you failed to achieve a successful migration of your J! 1.5 extensions? Is that it?

yes
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by brtanner.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sozzled
Is this category a better category for your purposes?

Time to create page: 0.503 seconds