Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Important Unable to save profile changes (nothing happens)

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by behrentzs
This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 50 seconds | Max execution memory: 64M | Max file upload: 12M

Joomla default template details : beez_20 | author: Angie Radtke | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25 November 2009

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Hello, Im having troubles with the profile.
Everytime i try to change my profile settings such as Gender or something else, and click the save button. Nothing happens.

Do you know why?

pic 1

pic 2
Attachments:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by behrentzs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, behrentzs, and welcome to Kunena.

I think you made a mistake when you posted your question to an archive category. Archived categories are for issues that have been resolved.. I have fixed your mistake.

I am not sure what is the cause of your problem but I suggest that you look at Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) in the Wiki and follow carefully that guide. I think that, in your case, Joomla 1.6 may not be for you. Perhaps you should use Joomla 1.5.22 instead.
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by behrentzs
Thank you Sozzled.

Well, i don't actually get what your point is. What has the SEO to do with this problem?
And why should i use 1.5.22 instead of 1.6.3 ?

Thank you for your fast reply.

Regards Behrentzs.

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
My point about SEO is that you only have a partial implementation of Joomla SEO. If you don't want to fix it up properly, that's your business.

The point about J! 1.6 vs. J! 1.5 is simple. We encourage people to experiment with K 1.6.3 and J! 1.6. You do know, of course, that K 1.6.3 is not 100% fully-compatible with J! 1.6, don't you?

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by behrentzs
Oh well, i didn't read the thing about the compatibillity.
But, thanks for your super response.

Regards Behrentzs

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by disismi
I had the same problem, but was fixed when I went to the controlpanel and did a 'synchronize users'.
Hopes it helps for you too!

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by singletrack
Have a look at the following post, as this has been reported previously:

Profile Issue

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds