Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

This category is only for reporting defects or problems with Kunena 1.6 test versions with Joomla 1.6. This is NOT a support forum - there is no support for test versions. Users should NOT install K 1.6 alpha or beta test versions on websites with live production data.

Question Fresh install but no tabs or search on page?

More
13 years 2 months ago #1 by camel007
Hi
I have been reading the forum now for 2 hours and have tried every thing to get the menu tabs to appear and the search box also
I a have a fresh instal of J1.6.0 and K1.6.2
Do i need mootools or is that part of Kunena or do i download that separately? how do i create a menu link to kunena when i cant see anywhere to link to a kunena menu?
Very confused and looks like many other people are to!
Hope u can help
:)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by camel007
ok i did a complete re install of joomla and kunena and no problems.
i the went to the Kunena Control Panel and clicked create menu and a blue box appeared and said The Kunena navigation menu and main forum link have been created.
I go to main menu and the only link there is for the home link which i have pointing at the kunena entry page.
but no menu tabs on the forum yet?:(

More
13 years 2 months ago #3 by camel007
I cant even get the search box to show on the right of the login?
Why does this have to be so hard!

More
13 years 2 months ago #4 by camel007
Does not work with J1.6!

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by xillibit
Hello,

Yes, for the moment Kunena 1.6.2 and all plugins/modules haven't been tested under Joomla! 1.6

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by jambzy
I've a similar problem. I'm using J1.6 and K1.6.3. The install is fine, but I have no tabs on any page. When I choose Rules or Help from the Kunena Menu, I get the wrong page - the article with ID #1 inside the Kunena frame. All the other pages seem to work fine, but it looks like it's just a problem with calling Pageviews.

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Enabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 130 seconds | Max execution memory: 132M | Max file upload: 500M

Joomla default template details : LCC | author: James Hawkins | version: 1.6.0 | creationdate: 25/01/11

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Disabled or not installed | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #7 by singletrack
I had a similar issue -

I resolved by clearing all of my ie/chrome/firefox cache and temp files on my computer first.

I then used the create menu button.

I then created a menu item and labeled it as "Forum" and set its default menu item as -Forum. The very top of the items to choose from.

I was then able to see the tabs at the top of Kunena and all categories were displayed when I entered the forum area. If I remember correctly, the default is designated as possibly Index.

Also, use the most recent K - 1.6.3. I had nothing but problems with K1.6.2.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by singletrack.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

More
13 years 1 month ago #8 by jambzy
Still not working for me.:(

I've cleared everything from the cache, reset my forum configuration to default, set the default menu item to "- Forum", and still no change.

These two menu items just don't work at all:
kunena » kunena_rules_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE
kunena » kunena_help_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE

...and still no tabs.

Should I uninstall / reinstall the whole thing? I can't see how it'd change anything.:unsure:

More
13 years 1 month ago #9 by singletrack
Have you gone through this post?
The following user(s) said Thank You: jambzy

More
13 years 1 month ago #10 by jambzy
It works! I was close to giving up on this. Thanks a lot.

Time to create page: 0.424 seconds