Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

This is not a support forum for uddeIM or its related products. For uddeIM support you should visit the developer's website .

The information given in this category is intended to guide users who want to use uddeIM with Kunena and, mostly, was written by Kunena users. The information here is not necessarily accurate, up-to-date nor is it intended to replace the support given by the developers of uddeIM.

If you are having problems then, for your own benefit, it would save us all a lot of time if you would kindly post your configuration report when you ask for help from this forum. If you do not post your configuration report we will not ask you for it but you will probably not get your problem solved, either.

Question uddeIM on Joomla 4

More
9 months 3 weeks ago - 9 months 3 weeks ago #21 by xillibit
Replied by xillibit on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
The private message availaible in K6.1 has been developped for new rocketheme site from 2014 when they had migrated from phpbb3 to kunena : rockettheme.com/blog/team/103-introducin...orum-built-on-kunena , it's called Secured Replies. Then it was integrated later in Kunena and the UI part has been only in K6.1, on rocketheme they use mootools

For the private message in Kunena, i think there will be a new menu item in the Kunena menu and the user will see here all his own private message. The same in the user profile with a new tab and there the will see his private messages. To write a private messsage it will be the same editor than actually to post a emssage, you will be able to add attachments... If you have some ideas on this

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.
Last edit: 9 months 3 weeks ago by xillibit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 months 3 weeks ago #22 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
Yes, but please, coul you suggest something? Sorry for my unexperience, how can I have this function on my forum? Must I install a Rockettheme around Kunena? How a template company can have a function that all other users cannot have?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #23 by xillibit
If you have Kunena in 6.1.2 version, it's availaible in there no need something from rocketheme

The readme of uddeim said Joomla! 4.1 support : github.com/slabbi/uddeIM/blob/main/README.md

I have just updated and re-integrated the integration plugin for uddeim in developpement version of Kunena 6.1.3, if some wan to try you need to get the nighty build availaible in the bottom of the page : www.kunena.org/download . It will disappear automatically in 24 or 48 hours, in this case just tell me

Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by xillibit.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #24 by Quickening
Replied by Quickening on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
OK, thanks. I installed Kunena 6.1.3 to try it out. Perhaps I have a different use case. I depend on the CB integration for contacting Forum posters (I'm not even sure where the direct message feature is). I guess I was hoping the uddeIM integration would fix this rendering error, but it's still there:

Rendering Error in layout Widget/MenuBar: Call to a member function get() on null in /usr/local/J4/components/com_kunena/src/Controller/Widget/Login/ on line 156
Layout was rendered in /usr/local/J4/components/com_kunena/template/aurelia/layouts/page/ on line 27

That's with plain Cassiopeia template on Joomla 4.3.2.

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #25 by xillibit
It could come from this file : /template/aurelia/layouts/widget/login/login/default.php try to comment the lines 24, 27, 30 and 33 to see if the error is still here after

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #26 by Quickening
I commented out those 4 lines and the error was still there.

I can remove the error by commenting out line 156 in WidgetLoginDisplay :

$private = KunenaFactory::getPrivateMessaging();

Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by Quickening. Reason: it removed my file reference!

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #27 by jeyjey
Replied by jeyjey on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
Thanks guys, the PM function is important for us. Thanks for your work!

More
9 months 2 weeks ago #28 by kunenauser40
Replied by kunenauser40 on topic uddeIM on Joomla 4
Sorry for my silly question, if I understood correctly, uddeIM has released a version compatible for Joomla 4 and we can upgrade to kunena 6.x / Joomla 4.x keeping all PMs we have?

More
9 months 2 weeks ago - 9 months 2 weeks ago #29 by xillibit

I commented out those 4 lines and the error was still there.

I can remove the error by commenting out line 156 in WidgetLoginDisplay :

$private = KunenaFactory::getPrivateMessaging();

With that change, there will be an error on $private variable not defined

Sorry for my silly question, if I understood correctly, uddeIM has released a version compatible for Joomla 4 and we can upgrade to kunena 6.x / Joomla 4.x keeping all PMs we have?
Not officially, there are changes on github and if you look on it, there is the package nammed com_uddeim_j40, i have tried this version of Uddeim on Joomla! 4.3.x with Kunena 6.x with plugin integration for uddeim udapted and i have plenty of errors coming from Uddeim

Last edit: 9 months 2 weeks ago by xillibit.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kunenauser40

More
9 months 1 week ago #30 by Quickening
I am curious why you're getting errors from uddeIM. I have debugging turned on and I'm not even getting warning messages. I tried just now to test every feature. While I had to fix some things for my setup, everything is working now.

(I noticed creating a menu item of uddeIM Inbox doesn't work right and I had to hack that. I also replaced the new message editor with the Joomla editor setting for the user, and replaced the table layout of messages with a div layout, among other things)

Time to create page: 0.975 seconds