Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question First impression/questions/bugs

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #1 by Forumpojken
Hi all experts!

I have now Installed Joomla 1.5 and Kunena 1.6.2 and used it for a while. I have some questions that I hope someone can answer:

If I creat a thread called "hey" and someone replys to it there will be two links pointing to the same thread:
/forum/section/62-hey.html and /forum/section/62-re-hey.html. This must be a bug.. or?

There are no settings on how big you want the avatars to be? I mean how big they are shown in pixels?

Shouldnt there be an "If user dont pick an avatar, Use default avatar? [yes/no]" option? I do not want to show that default image.. I have almost removed it by making the pic 1x1 pixel though

Are there any plugin to make Kunena work with Tapatalk?

Are there any plugin/extension that gives the users more settings? Users wants to change more things for themselfs ie: Number
of messages shown / page + more stuff..

How do I change settings for the signatur? I want to limit the users to only add ONE image of MAX 100x100pixels. How do I do that?

If one writes a new thread and forgets to write a topic, then the hole message dissapears when you hit "Send"! (This happens sometimes in some browsers.. Java failure?

If I press "quick reply" and starts to write a reply.. But then needs to add urls or whatever and wants to go to the "big editor" and just hits "Reply" instead.. ALL text I have written is gone.. very annoying.. the text should be copied into the new editor!

How do I write an "announcement" like you have here? ("Kunena turns 2!...")

Is there really no wysiwyg editor for Kunena?
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Forumpojken. Reason: added two more..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, Forumpojken, and welcome to Kunena.

All your questions have been answered elsewhere in the forum. Please use the search facility.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #3 by Forumpojken
Really?

All I found was lots of talk about wysiwyg editor, thats why I asked "Is there really no wysiwyg editor for Kunena?" More like in WHY are there not any? Is it on its way?

I also found some special hacks to change Avatar-size.. But nothing in any normal backend config.

Maybe atleast you can answer to this:

How do I write an "announcement" like you have here? ("Kunena turns 2!...")

I guess you know the answer to that one in your sleep? :)

I'll try to do some more searching...

Edit:

Ive now searched for 30mins without any luck! Didnt find any good answers except about Tapatalk.

I'll guess I'll wait and see if anyone else can help me :ohmy:
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by Forumpojken.

More
13 years 2 months ago - 13 years 2 months ago #4 by sozzled
Last edit: 13 years 2 months ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 2 months ago #5 by Forumpojken
Ah thanks.. It was translated little weird to Swedish so I never thought it was announcements

More
13 years 2 months ago #6 by Forumpojken
I managed to solve some stuff.

These I still needs help with though:

If I creat a thread called "hey" and someone replys to it there will be two links pointing to the same thread:
/forum/section/62-hey.html and /forum/section/62-re-hey.html. This must be a bug.. or?

I see this on lots of other boards.. Even this one so I guess its supposed to be like this??.. but why? Doesnt google etc dislike multiple different links that point to the exact same content?

Are there any plugin/extension that gives the users more settings? Users wants to change more things for themselfs ie: Number
of messages shown / page + more stuff..

Tried to search this forum but didnt find anything

If I press "quick reply" and starts to write a reply.. But then needs to add urls or whatever and wants to go to the "big editor" and just hits "Reply" instead.. ALL text I have written is gone.. very annoying.. the text should be copied into the new editor!

This really sucks.. I have already users complaining about this. In other forums (vBulletin) you can change from "quick-edit" to "full editor" without loosing what you already typed.

Thanks in advance!

More
12 years 10 months ago #7 by Forumpojken
Still no-one who can help me?

This bug with duplicate links to all forumthreads for example.. How do I fix that?

I do NOT (why would I?) want a link with -re- in it when someone replies.

+ I found another dupe..

There are always three (3!) different url adresses to each forum thread

www.fluxio.se/forum/showroom/1556-uttag-...t-i-altangolvet.html
www.fluxio.se/forum/showroom/1556-re-utt...t-i-altangolvet.html
www.fluxio.se/forum/showroom/1556.html

Why? And how do I fix it?

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #8 by sozzled
Are you using a third-party SEF generator tool like sh404SEF? Why are you adding ".html" to your URLs? These old-style URLs disappeared from common usage about 5-6 years ago. Very few websites use ".html" today and they don't get you anywhere in the search engine stakes.

Forumpojken wrote:

Doesnt google etc dislike multiple different links that point to the exact same content?

Does it matter? Have you had the Google police threatening to deport you and your website to "internet Siberia"? Let's look at this question seriously. If you are concerned about what Google likes or does not like, then write to Google and ask them the question. If the issue you're having is caused by a third party SEF tool like ArtioSEF or something else, then write to the developers of that product and ask them what to do.

Most of the people I know do not use these third party SEF "helpers" and we do not have issues with Kunena. I recommend you read Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #9 by Forumpojken
No Im not using any third-party SEF tool/plugin.

I dont really remember why I choosed to add suffix to url´s.. I guess I thought it lookt better at the time ;)

I agree thet this is no BIG deal.. I can live with duplicate urls to all content.. but WHY are there dupes? Any reason why someone would like to have that?

Or is it like this only for me? Have I done anything wrong in the configuration?

edit:

I tried it here, and you also have duplicate urls to all content in forum. So I guess this is not a bug and its supposed to be like this? Question remains.. Why?

www.kunena.org/forum/160-k-16-common-que...ressionquestionsbugs
www.kunena.org/forum/160-k-16-common-que...ressionquestionsbugs
www.kunena.org/forum/160-k-16-common-questions-archive/84269

Three different urls to the same page
Last edit: 12 years 10 months ago by Forumpojken.

Time to create page: 0.709 seconds