Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Categorie deleted

More
12 years 9 months ago #1 by benji13008
Categorie deleted was created by benji13008
Hello,
I have accidently deleted a category in the backend. I have the lastest version of Kunena. Is it possible to restore it ?

I saw a topic who said to go to phpmyadmin and to do things. Can I have more explainations please.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Categorie deleted
I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. Basically, if you delete a category then you also delete all the messages in the category and there's no "undo" function. The lesson (although it's learnt a bit late) is not to delete categories (better if you just unpublish them).

However, if you have a backup of your database (with the categories intact) then it's possible to restore the messages. In effect, you need to restore the database tables into another database, rename the tables that you need and move them into your Joomla DB and a simple SQL query should do the rest. But all of this is based on whether or not you have a backup of your database. If you don't have such a backup then, I'm sorry, but your data has gone for good.

If the data is really important, you might prefer to leave this job with a skilled professional. Please indicate if you would be willing to hire someone to do this work on your behalf and we'll contact you to make the suitable arrangements.

More
12 years 9 months ago #3 by benji13008
Replied by benji13008 on topic Re: Categorie deleted
Thanks for reply. I think I have a backup. I will do it by myself. Thanks :)

Time to create page: 1.806 seconds