Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Like & Dislike Thumbs ?

More
12 years 11 months ago #1 by mene
Like & Dislike Thumbs ? was created by mene
Was I dreaming this or have Kunena installed this on topic post and I am just not seeing it ? I am sure I have seen somewhere the thumbs up and down icon for like and dislike and not just the thank you thumbs.
If this was a dream, could this be mod ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 11 months ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Like & Dislike Thumbs ?
It's the karma feature (disabled in Kunena by default). It's a way to abuse your users without fear of reprisals. Basically, this is how people use it. You enable the feature, and watch everyone hit you with a big thumbs down (and there's no way of knowing who did this) ... and then you disable the feature and everyone live in peace again. ;)

Seriously, though. It's the karma feature.

More
12 years 8 months ago #3 by danicamps
IS this something that can be used as a thread rating system? Or is Karma just in relation to a user? I'm wanting to have a voting system for threads, or forum topics, is this possible with Kunena?

More
12 years 8 months ago - 12 years 8 months ago #4 by sozzled
G'day, danicamps, and welcome to Kunena.

The karma feature relates to "rating" users. The Kunena Thank You feature relates to thanking people for the contribution they make to the forum from individual messages they post. At the moment there is no topic rating system. If I remember correctly, this is something that was planned for K 2.0. I don't know any more about this at the moment.
Last edit: 12 years 8 months ago by sozzled.

More
12 years 8 months ago #5 by danicamps
Thanks for the FAST reply! Do you know of any plugins/extensions for either Joomla or Kunena that may allow this functionality of rating posts on a positive/negative rating (+1) (-1)?

More
12 years 8 months ago #6 by sozzled
None that I am aware of and none that are supported, maintained or endorsed by the Kunena project.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #7 by 6degres
Replied by 6degres on topic Re: Like & Dislike Thumbs ?
I would like/need this as well

Thumbs up / Thumbs down

On a per topic and per comment level.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #8 by sozzled
6degres: There is no user approval scheme (or rating system) at the topic level in K 1.7.

See also your duplicate request for the same idea here: Topic "rating system"

The Kunena project is starved of funding at the moment in order to make this idea happen in K 2.0. Perhaps this feature will eventuate in K 3.0 later this year. On the other hand, if people would like to donate money to the project in order for this feature to be developed, you can do that on the home page of this website .
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by sozzled.

Time to create page: 0.586 seconds