Kunena 6.2.6 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.6 [K 6.2.6] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Unable to make new Post

More
13 years 6 days ago #1 by sugarat
I have developed a site on a local system and deployed it to a production server. For some reason, some user accounts are unable to make new posts. When entering a forum and clicking New Post, I just get a HTTP 500 server error. Yet the same user on the dev server works just fine.

Can anyone please advise? We went live, all the users logged in, and some of them can't use it. My user account normally has super-admin privs, but I get the same error when changing to registered user.

Many thanks,

This message contains confidential information

Database collation check: The collation of your table fields are correct

Legacy mode: Disabled | Joomla! SEF: Disabled | Joomla! SEF rewrite: Disabled | FTP layer: Disabled |

htaccess: Missing | PHP environment: Max execution time: 120 seconds | Max execution memory: 16M | Max file upload: 4M

Joomla default template details : ja_purity | author: JoomlArt.com | version: 1.2.0 | creationdate: 12/26/07

Kunena default template details : Blue Eagle (default) | author: Kunena Team | version: 1.6.3 | creationdate: 2011-01-31

Kunena version detailled: Installed version: 1.6.3 | Build: 4344 | Version name: Parlare | Kunena detailled configuration:

Warning: Spoiler!

Third-party components: AlphaUserPoints: Disabled or not installed | CommunityBuilder: Installed (Version : 1.4) | Jomsocial: Disabled or not installed | UddeIm: Disabled or not installed

Third-party SEF components: sh404sef: Disabled or not installed | ARTIO JoomSEF: Disabled or not installed | AceSEF: Disabled or not installed

Plugins: System - Mootools12: Disabled | System - Mootools Upgrade: Disabled | JFirePHP: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Discuss: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Search: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Menu: Disabled or not installed | My Kunena Forum Posts: Disabled or not installed

Modules: Kunena Latest: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Stats: Disabled or not installed | Kunena Login: Disabled or not installed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 days ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Unable to make new Post
As I cannot access your forum I can only offer you general advice. I suggest you start troubleshooting your problems by checking K 1.6 Technical Requirements .

It'a my guess that you have some "broken" PHP source on your website. Have you developed your own PHP code somewhere?

More
13 years 6 days ago #3 by sugarat
Replied by sugarat on topic Re: Unable to make new Post
Thanks for the reply.

I checked the PHP and requirements, and the server meets all of them.

I haven't installed my own PHP or fiddled with Kunenas in any way. It's basically a vanilla Joomla install with Community Builder and Kunena on top. Nothing else is there.

I'm not sure why some accounts bring up the new post screen just fine, but others, - like mine, give a 500 Error.

There must be some logs I can check to see what is erroring?

More
13 years 5 days ago #4 by sozzled
Diagnosing HTTP 500 errors is not easy but, as I said before, they occur because the server encounters an error situation which the software was unprepared to handle in some better way. Your task is to discover what caused that error.

You need to enable Joomla debug mode and look in your Apache error logs to discover the answers to those questions.

The problem that you are having does not occur elsewhere and so the cause must lie either in the mix of software components that you have installed on your site or in some data somewhere that one of your Joomla extensions is trying to process. I don't know what is causing the error. As I mentioned earlier, I can only offer you general advice. You have locked everyone out of your site and there's not a lot we can do to help people who put us in this situation. Sorry.

More
13 years 5 days ago #5 by sugarat
Replied by sugarat on topic Re: Unable to make new Post
All sorted.. I think I was hitting the memory limit. Increased the mem allocation in php.ini - seems fine now.

Thanks for your suggestions

More
12 years 11 months ago #6 by PAUSIMS
Replied by PAUSIMS on topic Re: Unable to make new Post
I have a similar problem here. I've had a community running Kunena for almost two years without problems, and now suddenly my users are reporting some error 500. It just occurs when users have links in a post, and not all the posts with links get an error 500.

Sometimes a user makes a post, submits it and he gets an error 500. Copying/pasting the same post and trying 3 or 4 times it may work, so the problem doesn't rely on the content itself.

I have to say that our server was moved to a new one and shortly after that I received the first report about this. The new server meets all the requirements, the only thing that isn't really clear is the files compression. My hosting company told me that the new server outputs the pages with a compression system and that's what may be causing the error, but I just wanted to check if it isn't server related or someone has had this problem before ;)

More
12 years 11 months ago #7 by sozzled
Read my reply to this topic in msg #4 above.

More
12 years 11 months ago #8 by PAUSIMS
Replied by PAUSIMS on topic Re: Unable to make new Post
I had read it before but I just wondered if all HTTP 500 need to have the same tough diagnosis process, now I guess that yes.

I wonder if the Apache log is clear or is messy, as I've never worked with them. Maybe you could help me if I get a log that I'm unable to understand?

Thanks,

Pau

Time to create page: 0.546 seconds