Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Registering Users

More
13 years 1 day ago #1 by johnweathersby
All, I have a question which may have an obvious answer, but I've not found it.

I've reviewed the WiKi and the Forums and see that user tables are shared between Joomla/Kunena however, I'm confused as to how I'd have potential users convert to registered forum members.

I don't have a 'become a registered user' link. I don't see how to add one, and Id LOVE to know how others are implementing this feature in a way that gets people converting to forum membership.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 day ago #2 by sozzled
Replied by sozzled on topic Re: Registering Users
G'day, John, and welcome to Kunena.

I suggest that you look at the results of this search query for more information about Joomla and Kunena and user registration: search results

More
13 years 16 hours ago #3 by johnweathersby
Hello, thank you. I actually continued searching today and found what I was looking for. I'd be surprised if this question doesn't come up frequently so possibly I'll answer it with some keywords that will likely come up in other searches. Also, more clearly as I had to think through what was being said to apply it to my situation. However, in retrospect all the answers made since.

Creating new forum user accounts. Or how to allow users to register them selves for forum accounts:

You may have read on the forums that Joomla handles this its self. however, this may have left you wanting to understand more what this means and how to implement it on your site.

On your Joomla 1.5 site, go to 'Global Configuration' --> 'System'--> 'User Settings' and select the 'Allow User Registration' option to 'Yes'. With this option set in the configuration Kunena will enable a 'Create An Account' option under the login area of the forums. More over, when using SEO URLS will leverage a link at yourdoman.com/component/user/register

I hope this helps others in enabling this area of your forums.

Grace and Peace-

john
The following user(s) said Thank You: sozzled

Time to create page: 0.417 seconds