Kunena 6.3.0 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.3.0 [K 6.3.0] in stable which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.4.x/5.0.x/5.1.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.3

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question The option: Create an account

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #1 by JustBe
Hi, I have 2 questions (using Kunena 1.6.3 and Joomla 1.5.22):

1) How do you create this option: "create an account" in the login part of the forum (like this forum is using)

2) I am considering, for my purposes, users to first message me something before I register them to the forum.

Is this possible?
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by JustBe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, JustBe, and welcome to Kunena.

First of all, before posting messages on the forum, please read the posting guidelines that relate to each category, especially the Support category. I have moved your how-do-I-do-it question to our Common Questions category.

The answer to your first question is handled by the Kunena integration options. You should not have to worry about setting these options unless you are using a non-standard registration process. This site uses JomSocial for user registration. It doesn't really matter what you use, please look at the integration options that are applicable for your site.

The answer to your second question is to change the Joomla Global Configuration, deny user self-registration, and post a message on your site requesting that users contact you beforehand so that you can register their accounts for them. This is not a Kunena issue.

I hope this helps

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #3 by JustBe
Thank you!
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by JustBe.

Time to create page: 0.459 seconds