Kunena 6.2.5 & module Kunena Latest 6.0.7 released

The Kunena team has announce the arrival of Kunena 6.2.5 [K 6.2.5] which is now available for download as a native Joomla extension for J! 4.3.x/4.4.x/5.0.x. This version addresses most of the issues that were discovered in K 6.1 / K 6.2 and issues discovered during the last development stages of K 6.2

Topics that are moved into this category are generally considered to be closed. Users may want to add additional information but these topics should not be resurrected in order to discuss new problems or unrelated matters.

Question Login before Kunena forum

More
13 years 1 month ago #1 by sepp
Hi,
this is my first posting and today I am new registered. I work still with Joomla 1.5.20 and I have download your newest Kunena version.

But now my question - before the Kunena index-side (home-side) shall appear a login because only legitimate users shall see (enter) the forum. Therefore I have download your Kunena Login modul
www.kunena.org/ked/modules/94

Only - which modul do you use on your website? I want the same login with the addition create an account which I have today used to register here. In the mentioned modul I find no create an account. I would like though, that users can create an account consisting of password and username itself but the final activation should be done by the admin. Please have understanding for my questions but I am a beginner and have nobody who help me.

Hope that my question is on the correct place and my English is quite understandable. I would be very pleased for your help. Thank you very much in advance. Kind regards, sepp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 month ago - 13 years 1 month ago #2 by sozzled
G'day, sepp, and welcome to Kunena.

Thank you for your very good questions. I hope my answers will be just as good.

You do not need the Kunena Login module; it is optional. You can use whatever login module you already have; you can use the standard Joomla login module, if you like! :) The Kunena Login module gives your users a couple of extra features, that's all.

The most important point that we need to make is the Kunena does not handle user registration. Kunena does not create the Joomla user accounts when your users join your website. There is no Kunena registration function.

Joomla handles user registration. You can, if you like, install other components to assist the Joomla registration process: components like JomSocial or Community Builder, for example.

sepp wrote:

I would like though, that users can create an account consisting of password and username itself but the final activation should be done by the admin.

Unfortunately, Joomla does not have the means to do that. In Joomla you can either allow everyone to register or you allow no-one to register. There is no other option where users can start the registration process but you, as the administrator, finish it off for them. However, if you want your users to register but require your approval to complete their registration, you can do this with a Joomla extension (like Community Builder or Jomsocial). As I have already written earlier, Kunena does not have a user registration function.
Last edit: 13 years 1 month ago by sozzled.

More
13 years 1 month ago #3 by sepp
Replied by sepp on topic Re: Login before Kunena forum
Hallo sozzled,

thank you very much for your reply. Today I have now installed Kunena and the installing on my Joomla-version 1.5.20 was nearly without problems. Have uploaded the zip-file and a little bit tried.
But - if I click on configuration report I get the message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function data () on a non-object in .../administrator/components/com_kunena/admin.kunena.php on line 3212

Please can you tell me what this means or what can I do that the message not more appears.

I have installed a blank_template. The place in my standard_template was to small (the blank_template was not from me, I could it never). The allocation that Kunena to be loaded into the blank_template works, also fine. But certain links such announcements are now loaded into my standard_template and unfortunately not into the blank_template. Is it possible to solve the problem or has the blank_template mistakes. With other words Kunena shall appear in separate side. Do you have perhaps blank_template to download? If yes I use yours.

I would be very pleased if you can help me.
Kind regards, sepp

More
13 years 1 month ago #4 by xillibit
Hello,

What kunena version do you have installed ?

I don't provide support by PM, because this can be useful for someone else.

More
13 years 1 month ago #5 by sepp
Hello xillibit,
I have installed the newest Kunena version 1.6.3. Tomorrow I bring more information and I can upload a screenshot(s) if you agree. Well the topic regarding the blank_template is solved. I haven't choosen all menus for the allocation into the blank_template. It works! All links from Kunena are showing (loaded) now into the blank_template (separate side). Kind regards, sepp

More
13 years 1 month ago #6 by sepp
Hello xillibit,
I have reinstalled Kunena but the error message is again. I have created a new user in the joomla backend on level registered (please look user_joomla.gif). But in the Kunena backend user menu doesn't appear this user. Only the admin named board_mod (file user_kunena.gif). Must it not be displayed in Kunena backend all users who are also in the user menu of the joomla backend? Whether logged in or not logged in?

Does the error message which I have mentioned yesterday along with this effect? Must I upgrade on the joomla version 1.5.22? I'd like your Kunena and the features are phantastic. Only the problem, otherwise everything would be perfect. Have other users never received the error message?

I would be very pleased for your help. Thank you very much in advance. Kind regards, sepp
Attachments:

More
13 years 1 month ago #7 by sepp
Hello,

I only want to tell you that it works now. One must synchronize users...well my English is not so good and the German translation is perhaps not so good as the English original version. Well the error message I do still have. But it works and therefore it is okay. Kind regards, sepp

Time to create page: 0.376 seconds